The Combine Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,986 Posts
Not sure what you two mean with “throw the clutch”, if you mean slip the clutch, yes, if you mean auto shutoff, yes...eventually. Like 3+ seconds of beating the **** out of components.
No reason auto stop couldn’t do it in a millisecond, same thing if just plugged!
Yeah that's weird they don't trigger a shut-down from that, I just do it manually. Only really happens for stones, so not often.....until this year!:frown:

·
Super Moderator
2,603 Posts
Yeah that's weird they don't trigger a shut-down from that, I just do it manually. Only really happens for stones, so not often.....until this year!:frown:
I’ve had augers pack material so tight into a stalled feeder chain I’ve had to take the header off to clear.
Reversing feeder with that much material in them is what skitters feeder chains as well.
Instant auto stop feeder, problem solved, far less material jammed.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Since talking about feeder slats and rocks, have any of you tried the urethane feeder slats, in any machine? I am not interested in them for our 740 but would like to hear feedback on them. Urethane has some good characteristics, and with the proper internal strength, I think they could work well. Last I heard, they weren't recommended for many acres of corn.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts