The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running a redekop chopper on their 7010 or 8010? I have the standard case chopper on my 7010 and in 80+ bushel wheat I am not sizing the residue small enough and have a higher concentration of straw behind the combine. Did't work so well trying to plant beans right behind the combine. Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
you can convert your chopper to a fine cut and get the results you want . you can call your dealer for details but I think the weldments are the same ive never seen one but know they work very well

·
Registered
137 Posts
if each weldment on the chopper drum currently has only one knife bolted to it then you have a standard cut and can easily be converted to a fine cut. bolt a second knife to each mount so that the knives are dished away from the mount on either side this will take you from 28 to 56 knives. Also add stationary knives, you will also double the amount of knives you have in the concave. Depending on model year you may need different holders for the stationary knives.

·
Premium Member
5,768 Posts
There's a redekop distributor in Salina I think. I was at a conference there and was surprised to see redekop there (since they are from Saskatoon). redekopmfg.com

I have one on my TR. Great choppers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts