The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys hauling your machines with ? Hireing people with lowboys? Own your own lowboy ? Or is it better to have a pintle hitch trailer behind a straight truck ? Building your own ? Or buying one custom made ? Seems the pintle idea almost would be better don't have to leave a truck sit while you chop or chase back to get the silage trailer . Just curious what your guy's thoughts are on it Thanks. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been using a pintle hitch trailer made by Trailtech especially for forage harvesters now for a couple years. I like it cause we get to the job, just unhook it and we go haul silage with that same truck. I am thinking about getting a detach trailer though cause I getting more equipment that needs to be hauled to the job that doesn't fit on that trailer, like mergers and tractor and dump carts. Hiring other trucks to haul is easier and cheaper but can't ever get them when I need them.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
We have landoll 323 detach trailers for choppers, and we built a detach to haul big M. We have to deflate the tires on big X to get below 13'6" even with the 14 inch deck height of trailer. Also need a triaxle trailer to stay legal when hauling chopper with corn head on. Our semis are sitting while we chop, but at least I know the chopper hauler is ready to run when we move, not half dead from banging through the fields. Would love to be able to pull double silage trailers from job to job, but two 36 footers is just a bit illegal. Thinking about trying it some time to see what scale operators would do. Might get parked?

·
Registered
467 Posts
We use a pintle hitch trailer. Works great for 491,492-3 Claas, John Deere, NH. The new 494's are to low in the center to fit properly (fuel tank hitting- def system parts).

We have 2 lowboys and they both work well. Trail king 18" deck, landoll 12" deck. Landoll is a lot nicer trailer.

Ohio, can you pull a 36' behind a straight truck on a dolly/converter off of the pintle hitch, or will you still be to long overall?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.