The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you set the chopper on a 2188 for combining sunflowers? What I don't want is a plugged chopper.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can have it anywhere you want the cut. I use to have an 03 2388 and I would keep it on the fine cut using a 12 row header. I had no problems with the chopper. The stalks would wrap around the spinners though. It wouldn't do anything but I would cut them off once a day.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I don't know about dropping the stalks-I am notill wheat following the sunflower @ 30 head. I like the idea of less dust though.

·
Registered
912 Posts
We run a 2388, we have an 8 row all crop we use on it. We set the chopper on low speed with the blades all the way open (coarsest cut). And away we go, works just fine just doesnt really do anything. We also remove the spreaders from the back and just drop the stalks straight out the back. Really helps keep that fine dust down. This will be our 3rd year doing it like this.

·
Registered
912 Posts
In the spring we harrow the sunflowers, then go in and seed it. Sometimes we run an anhydrous outfit in between there or instead of the harrow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK that clarifies my question...won't work for me though. After this harvest we all might think twice before we plant flowers again...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts