The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some advice on how to clean up chunks of corn cob in our sample with our 9760? I have the chopper and feed accelerator set to slow like they're supposed to be. I also put the spacers in the back seperator grates.

I am currently running rotor at 300, concaves at 30, fan at 950, top sieve at 14, and bottom sieve at 12.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Speed up the rotor, open the concave. I like to use centrifugal force to thrash on the rotary brand I sell. It keeps the cracking down and the trash moving through the machine better.
The theory of a rotary is to thrash the crop on the crop and the concave is partially a screen and partially thrashes the crop. The more material you run through the machine the better it will do. KEEP THE MACHINE FULL.
The chopper has nothing to do with the tank sample.
I have not set a Deere but I would think that the rotaries would be fairly similar.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks harsh. Only problem with keeping the machine full is the combination of long lines at the elevator and extremely good corn yields mean if I do push it hard enough to keep it full I will bury our trucks drivers in no time flat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts