The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 32' 496 disk back in the spring for $3000 at a farm sale and was wanting to put finishing tool behind it. I really don't want to go the route of a row behind finisher, but was thinking more along the lines of a single rolling basket. I have a remlinger dealer close to me and they told me they could get me a set up, specifically for a 496. My question is will it be to heavy on the rear on the disk during road and field to field transport? I don't want it close to or dragging the ground while the disk is fully lifted.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll set the whole disk down while unhooking, so that shouldn't be an issue, but if it is, then it will be no problem to add a jack. My concern is with the disk not rocking back to far in transport mode, due to extra weight.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a 30' 496 with a 32' Brillion Packer pulled behind the disc and I don't have any trouble with it rocking back to far. Beside the Brillion being very heavy the whole setup is actually easy to pull up and down the road and with the single rolling basket I would not be surprised if the disc does not rock back at all seeing as how most of the rolling baskets I am familiar with don't weigh anything near what my Brillion does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.