The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
operating a 'new to me' rig this spring, CIH 3380 mechanical tow between tank, paired with a NH p2070 60' drill, monitor is a NH inteliveiw III. new ECU on tank and have most of the bugs worked out of it except i cannot get the clutch to engage for the meters, had direct power to the clutch & it engages & disengages, error and faults come up for rate controller for all 3 tanks. talked to redhead tech support & they said i may have to install a relay.
im familiar with the VR system and the pro600/700 monitor but new to the mechanical drive. any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, TIA.

this is what pops up on the screen...

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
The flexicoil carts have garbage wiring, they always act up. Don't waste your time with it, especially if you've got mechanical drive and not variable rate.

Run a wire and put a toggle switch in the cab for the clutch and be done with it.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
The problem is not the wiring here, @Slashnburn2. Looks like the ECU is configured to expect to drive a motor using PWM, such as what's used for the variable rate electric over hydraulic system. Somehow you need to configure it to expect a clutch. Shouldn't need a relay. In fact the relay would likely act the same. The ECU has plenty of amps to drive a clutch directly if it only knew that there was a clutch there and not a motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@torriem, that would make sense too. Where would a guy with that or would I have to get the dealer out? It’s not my drill, I’m just the guy operating it, and only have access to a limited amount of tools right now

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
No idea. I'm not sure I've seen any settings page that controls that. Definitely ask the service guys about that. Especially since you say it's a new ECU. Like @Slashnburn2 said, you can power the clutches directly with a switch and leave the ECU's clutch wires unplugged. The monitor will give you an error, but it will still detect that the rollers are turning and do monitoring as usual.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You have to program a new ECU with the dealer EST (laptop)
You tell it what is there, no of bins, sensors, switch box, etc.

Reactions: torriem
1 - 6 of 6 Posts