The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started harvesting wheat yesterday with our new 7088. Plenty of power but I cant get it to keep from throwing wheat out the back.Both rotor and of the sives. My current settings are small wire concaves, 8 on the clearance setting, sloted grates, vanes in the mid position, top sieve .25" front, .50" to the back, bottom sieve .25", Fan 1100 rpm, Rotor 900 rpm, running 3.5 mph. I have tried most every combonation and nothing makes to much of a difference.The only thing I havent done is speed up the vanes. What am I missing?

Wheat is yeilding 50 to 70 bpa

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Joey, try setting the concaves @ 2 and the rotor speed @ 1000 rpm and see what happens. Sounds like good wheat, hope this helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Joey how many grains on the ground behind the machine in an average square foot? check the calibration on the the concave setting, maybe blank off the first section of the front concave, speed up the rotor alittle, open the bottom sieve a fair bit more, what width is the header ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The clearance on the concave looks to be 1/4" or a little more at 8 I have gone all the way down to 5 and it didn't seem to do much good.

As far as grain on the ground in one square foot between the tracks it averages about 10 out side the tracks about 6.

The head is a 35 foot draper.

Also I sped up the back vane today and that seemed to decrease rotor loss by 30 to 50 percent.

·
Registered
40 Posts
are u cracken much grain? what happens when u open up the bottom sieve (if its too closed it will restrict the air flow through the top) what happens when u go faster? whats the moisture like?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No cracked grain just some white caps. No I havent opened up the bottom sieve I'll have to give that a try. Speed I am running 4 to 5 now, it doesnt seem to make much of a difference.

Moisture is around is 12 to 13%

Only have a few hours of cutting left till were through, we got rained out today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts