The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just today had a CIH dealer tell us about a farmer deighned and patented "Shredder Grate" that goes in as an insert on the concave or the beater grate. It has sickle sections to chop up the straw in short 1-2 inch pieces. Has anyone ever heard of or seen such an attachment??? It's urgent! we are preparing to go to the San Luis valley to combine malt barley an a fine cut chopper is a must. We are preparing a 1680 and we hesitate spending $3500 on a chopper if we can avoid it.
Randall Klinnert
405-641-5966
[email protected]

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used one on my 1460 many years ago before I got a 1680 with a chopper. It seemed to work just as good as a chopper in the dry soybeans, when we got into the green stems it didn't do too much. We had it in the middle grate.

You will need to make sure you have the comb seperator bars if you have a std rotor. If you have a speciality then you are sopposed to have the rice bars in but I bet it would work fine without.

It sure was a lot cheaper then a chopper - I believe it was around $300.

We never used that combine on corn, I don't know if you need to take it out or not. It only takes 10 min to put in and out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts