The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering if anyone has any experience growing this canola and if they have any comparisons to a round up or invigor variety. Thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
In 2017 we grew CL2020. 1/2 mile away from L140P, seeded the previous day. Both fields netted us the same $. Trucking premium on Nexera paid to us.

Had a strip of 2022 in there that was a few bushels better. 2024 supposedly a step up yield wise, but haven't grown it.

FWIW, shatter tolerance isn't anywhere near Invigor P varieties or even Pioneer M varieties. Spray with Reglone at 75% SCC, and don't let it sit too long

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help you think it bushels a considerable amount less? I'm trying it out for a few different reasons but the main reason is I want to intercrop peas with it. Seed price is way lower and I plan on swathing so the pod shatter gene is not a huge concern for me.
The trucking premium is an added benefit that's for sure as long as I end up netting the same amount per acre I'm happy to try it

·
Registered
141 Posts
Also you can lock in a plus basis when you sign up with Bunge.Big plus...But,,,,.we didn't seed any 2024 or 2022,in our plots, hard to spray out cleavers[ now you have facet and command].We had plots side by side last year the Nexera 1024&1026 yeilded from 4 to 11 bushels behind the DKL 75-42,CS 2000, Lg255, Lg241..The Nexera also didn"t mature as well Nexera 19.5-20% green ,the others had 5%-down to 2% green,,..Those are just our results .Just for your info...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts