The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in South Australia and thanks to our dealer G&J East and Landpower Aust we had the benefit of demo of 770TT with 45' vario front.
It came fully equipped with cruise pilot, CEMOS auto, auto lube. Currently we run a Massey 9895 with 40' dynaflex.
Pro's - Capacity averaged 50t/hr in wheat to MF 35t/hr
Cemos Auto outstanding feature very impressed
Smooth, fast unloading
Radiator/cooling package outstanding
Tracks very smooth ride - surprisingly good on end turns
Straw chopper/spreader easily covering 45'
Fuel consumption 1.6litre/tonne wheat vs Massey 2litre/tonne

Cons - no draper
Ad blue
Had to spend rest of day wishing Massey would avg 50t/hr!

·
Super Moderator
5,054 Posts
We are in South Australia and thanks to our dealer G&J East and Landpower Aust we had the benefit of demo of 770TT with 45' vario front.
It came fully equipped with cruise pilot, CEMOS auto, auto lube. Currently we run a Massey 9895 with 40' dynaflex.
Pro's - Capacity averaged 50t/hr in wheat to MF 35t/hr
Cemos Auto outstanding feature very impressed
Smooth, fast unloading
Radiator/cooling package outstanding
Tracks very smooth ride - surprisingly good on end turns
Straw chopper/spreader easily covering 45'
Fuel consumption 1.6litre/tonne wheat vs Massey 2litre/tonne

Cons - no draper
Ad blue
Had to spend rest of day wishing Massey would avg 50t/hr!
Was that a Cat or Mercedes engine?
Is this is the same as a 780 anywhere else in the world?

Gold star on the way you talk about fuel use, this unit sounds loaded up and likely even had the cab printer to print that off, the only thing that matters is fuel use per production.:)

Our days of complaining about Ad blue are just about over as a comparison complaint as everything will have it.:(

You make one comment someone will challenge you on I predict.;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Merc engine Don, I think Cat engines are available in 750/760 here in Aust without adblue, but 770 comes with Merc. Awesome power and held on when we made it work
Not sure on 780 and how different to 770 here in Aus,
Presume you are referring to challenging on draper comment - but after running both dynaflex and vario together side by side I preferred the feeding of draper in wheat

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
How much straw were you taking in? I love the idea of the lexion and the tracks teamed up with a 45_50 ft front. Haven't got a dealer in the south east SA close enough. How quick ground speed were you moving?do you see the ad blue as being a headache long term? The Massey is their 2? Cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,054 Posts
Merc engine Don, I think Cat engines are available in 750/760 here in Aust without adblue, but 770 comes with Merc. Awesome power and held on when we made it work
Not sure on 780 and how different to 770 here in Aus,
Presume you are referring to challenging on draper comment - but after running both dynaflex and vario together side by side I preferred the feeding of draper in wheat
Well, curiosity got the best of me and I ended up reading a Claas AU brochure.
Rather confusing as you have different setup models with the same model #'s

But it appears you can get a 770 or 780 with a Merc, the 770 down about 50 hp.

I see you can get the quality cam, did your demo unit have that?
And if so...:confused:

No, not draper, we're on the same page there, 712 alberta nailed it, unload auger.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Is your cat tuned in the Massey?
If your rotor been re worked?
If you haven't done those two things, 550 HP. And a new threshing element pattern on your 9895_ a 740tt would likely be a match for the 9895..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes massey unload auger is fast but smooth not the word to describe it,

No our massey is stock as per factory all the way through - not sure if real comfortable about tweaking it - May lead to other problems?

Have attached monitor printout of 770tt from the demo - most of the cutting of wheat was done at beer can height.

Don, yes the demo machine did have the quality cam - it sure looked impressive on the monitor, didn't go into depth with it though, sample in bin looked similar to Massey though in paddock.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,054 Posts
Thanks for posting that cab printout, I've thought of doing that but never did.

Wow, 9.55 l/ha at a 5.86 T/HA yield cut at beer can (can size yet to be determined;)) with that sort of yield, we truly are a world away.:)

When we hit that sort of yield we would use 13 to 15 L/ha even with a 780.

And you've made me mad. Not at you, at Claas NA, looks like in the whole world only we don't get quality cam.:(
As a friend of mine would say "Hey Claas, give me 13 good reasons why NA can't have Quality Cam!"

Hey Claas NA guys, I had nothing to do with that war!;)

·
Super Moderator
5,054 Posts
The unloading auger "isn't bad" compared to a Massey, but it is bad compared to a New Holland, new Case IH or John Deere. Its all relative.
I'm not as fimiliar with CIH or NH but the Claas overall unloading auger function is awful compared to Deere.
Speed isn't the main issue though, it's everything else.
And the worst of it is it could be greatly improved at virtually no cost.:(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mostly cut at 375 ml beer can height due to couple of factors - some of the paddock was treated with a growth regulant, and also due to very dry finish to growing season there were pockets of the paddock with low growth where soil was very shallow in depth due to underlying rock.
Was dryland - no irrigation here,
Don, stubble is very dry and brittle so can be chopped efficiently - also the growth regulant would have helped with harvest capacity/fuel use.
True capabilities of machine weren't fully tested as most of the time the cruise pilot was set at about 7.5 km/h max due to different operators jumping in and out - where we let it have its way we were able to get around 65t/hr out of it - cutting at 3x375ml beer can height and putting cruise pilot max speed to 10.5 km/hr

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
I'm not as fimiliar with CIH or NH but the Claas overall unloading auger function is awful compared to Deere.
Speed isn't the main issue though, it's everything else.
And the worst of it is it could be greatly improved at virtually no cost.:(
NH unloading auger speed/capacity is nothing to crow about either - it may have changed in the '15 models - bloody better have :mad: but any year previous to that is unimpressive to say the least.
No experience with Claas but JD has the auger unload shebang by the short & curlies.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.