The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for sure what the horsepower out put is on the 980 with 2 om 460 engines, ive heard numbers that range between 700 and 1200hp

I would like to know because the new 980 is coming out with 884 with a single engine and I really think they are derating the machine to meet epa

any help appreciated

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I had talked to an owner and they went to the 24l man engine because the horsepower put them above the EPA REGS. They don't have any refs over a set HP.
If your looking to buy one, those neighbors have two, one with twin engines and one with the Man... And the single engine will walk away from the twins... May not quickly but the torque is better.

·
Registered
385 Posts
twin 980 was 830 hp,both engines are 415 hp,the v12 man is indeed 884 hp. i was told when claas recieves the v12 it is rated at 1300 hp,claas derates them so it wont shear cutterhead shafts etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our local dealer put a 980 with 2 engines on the dyno. I am not sure of the hours on the machine i believe it was over 1000hrs on both engines. The final output at the cutter head was 844hp 4000 torque. Now granted that was only one machine they will all dyno a little different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.