The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else running a claas Axion 930. I must say its the best tractor I have ever owned and driven by far. Be good to hear others opinion and thoughts on them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the sound of these tractors also but am a bit wary as they aren't proven in Aust yet.Can you tell us a bit more about what you do with this tractor, implements and size etc? Any troubles with overheating, a/c ,electronics, support from Claas? Are you using autosteer? if so which brand did you go with and any problems interfacing with factory steer valve?TIA , Jack.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah mate haven't had any troubles yet, we run trimble fmx display with a ez pilot. it's on the rtx single and holds a dead straight line. well it's going to be used for everything, spraying, planting, chaser bin, offsetting etc. just an all round tractor really, has enough power to pull a 108 plate grizzly offset at 8kph with dual's fitted. The cab has a good lay out, plenty of room, nice and smooth ride. The transmission is fantastic after coming from powershift tractors. The claas dealer has been bloody fantastic, we've been very pleased with the service from them. Also own a lexion 760tt and have been very pleased with it and the back up service from the team there. I've attached a pic of the Axion. Hopefully the pic shows up.

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
Just finished the first week of planting with our new Axion 930 she finally turned up for work last Thursday a few mix ups with spacers and rims but we finally got it sorted she's all set up on 3 metre centres using boss Ag spools with big rubber 710/75-42 tyres on the back she floats along very nicely indeed, pulling our 12m single disc opener planter along at 10km using 23.7 litre an hour over a 500ha period of wheat planting, our JD 8330 was averaging about 28 litres the week before when she was on the planter. Great transmission very smooth, I found it to be a nice machine to operate all the controls I found to be easy to use and find with out having to look for them. On the big rubber and on 3m she didn't turn as good as our 8330 on the headlands but we could still spin around into the next 12m tramline with just a little bit of turning brake, the headland management and cruise control made starting each new run simple and quick, we set this machine up with Greenstar steering with a hydraulic valve using RTK signal and it hasn't missed a beat in the last 115 hrs :) nice tractor Claas :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
26 Excel single disc on a 12m single bar pulling a TR3000 Simplicity air cart , good units ,the moistures been getting away on us a bit I've had them as deep as they will go which is about 4inches and I'm getting very good seed placement and seeing rows in 6days, very happy :)

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Recently, when I was in Omaha, there was a Claas row crop tractor sitting outside the Omaha plant. I've been told, that there are plans to bring the row crop tractors to the US, but have not seen one at the dealer as of yet. Would be interested in trying one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep very pleased with it so far mate. I have been probably a little to hard on it but is holding up very well. have been pulling a 18x4.5 meter landplane levelling melon hole country just on singles, not the best for the tires but i was very surprised how it gets down an pulls. got some spacers coming so we can fit the duals, that should help with wheel slip on the bigger gear. other than that we are very happy with it an the dealer support from claas has been awesome.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Just finished side dressing some barley with the Axion, I'll take my earlier statement about it turning ability back now that the machine has been weighted properly it turns in the headland really well. This tractor is very good on fuel (going on its metre) 17.6 litres an hour doing light work 12m machine air seeder 26 single disc units at 10km/hr. Very happy ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I saw one on a truck in CO or NM two weeks ago. I was curious myself if it was for US sale......

Recently, when I was in Omaha, there was a Claas row crop tractor sitting outside the Omaha plant. I've been told, that there are plans to bring the row crop tractors to the US, but have not seen one at the dealer as of yet. Would be interested in trying one.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I saw one on a truck in CO or NM two weeks ago. I was curious myself if it was for US sale......
My understanding is, that there will be none for sale this year, but they are bring some into the US, to put out for demos, then start selling them next year. Local dealer is expecting to get one, just not sure what and when.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Just finished fertilizing, 260 hrs on the clock on the Axion, what a brilliant machine great transmission, good fuel economy, great suspension fantastic ride, I really love to drive this machine it's nearly as good as my Lexion combine ;) it's going to be brilliant on the chaser bin at harvest, good job Claas, look out everyone else ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just finished side dressing some barley with the Axion, I'll take my earlier statement about it turning ability back now that the machine has been weighted properly it turns in the headland really well. This tractor is very good on fuel (going on its metre) 17.6 litres an hour doing light work 12m machine air seeder 26 single disc units at 10km/hr. Very happy ;)
5 years on, do you still own the Axion 930? If so how has it stood the test of time? Do they hold their value?

·
Registered
700 Posts
5 years on, do you still own the Axion 930? If so how has it stood the test of time? Do they hold their value?
Yes, I still own it. It’s been a really good tractor that transmission has been fault free and still very smooth, 4500hrs on it now and it’s been pretty much trouble free, I’m running JD Greenstar steering which is the raven steering valve platform which has been working well for me, we also have the same greenstar platform kit steering our Goldacre G4, I have heard of a few people having trouble with the Greenstar in these tractors but you can near guarantee if your having problems it’s a bad calibration. One thing I don’t like about the Class over my JD 8330 is the cab size, the JD has that little bit more room. Not a deal breaker though. Good tractor worth a look

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts