The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year was the first year of running a 560 and c508-30 and the header loss especially in the drier corn 15-18% was absolutely terrible. Was running side by side with a 9610 and series 1 drago and the loss was minimal to none behind that header.

Brand new gathering chains on the header
Knives are in like new condition and adjusted correctly
The feederhouse angle was adjusted according to our local dealers recomendation.
Tried different feederhouse speeds and slower seemed to help vs faster.
Tried different deck plate settings but little difference there

What are we missing or is the drago just light years ahead on header loss?
I saw one guy had a 508 header for sale with yield 360 gathering chains on it but i cant find any that say they will fit a claas/lexion header. Can you fit a deere model 360 chain on a a claas header?
Any Ideas would be great thanks.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I ended up making deck plates for ours. I believe the raised beveled edge is greatly increasing shelling in dry conditions. My deck plate is perfectly flat, and it also goes up near gearbox another 1/4" to eliminate the gap. It has helped grain loss for me very noticibly.

Also, I assume your deck plates are adjusting properly? Some of the headers, especially older, have poor, sloppy and weak designs on how the deck plate moves left and right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, Been a while since i logged on. Yes the deck plates do move correctly but i think thats a great idea to improve them like you did seedcleaner. Will have to look at modifying them or making new ones. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts