The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess we have 1 cyl that had a little too much of a good thing torquing thru damp canola residue last fall...I blame the sclerotinia tolerant canola...real tuff November slugging vs reg rready canola straw...

Bent rub bars too...my mind is thinking sunny-brook upgrade if we don't need to change concave...we have 1 combine 590R w sunny-brook cyl and think it or the class 9 or both is a great adv....does precision mfg build a enclosed cyl too?

I looked at past posts...looking for any current encouragement or infinite wisdom...prob only keep '11 - 750 one more year....but likely helps resale too w a high inertia cyl

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I think they both make a cylinder, and each claim "their" design is the best.
I guess I favor SunnyBrook as I feel they might have more experience. Either would likely be stronger and perform better than stock.

Is your 750 with the twisted cylinder the traditional open design or the newer Claas enclosed design?

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Se sask toiler glad to hear everything has worked out with the family. I personally think Sunny Brook is the way to go. They are putting the goose feet or small paddles behind the rub bars to help split the crop in the center for the impeller. The sunnybrook rub bars do not compress the crop mat like the precision ones that have a pinch point. I still need to put in my sunnybrook cylinder before harvest.

·
Registered
244 Posts
We went with the pfp cylinder. Pfp(precision farm parts) runs either 4 or 6 rows of cylinder bars vrs 8 on the sunnybrook. Check out the end view of the john deere 8820 4 row on the pfp site. With the big taper to the front of the bar grain on grain thresh is more likely. Kinda like the older case rotaries. A wider concave clearance is the norm. Much slower cylinder speeds are possible. The cylinder is very beefy and runs smooth. Good luck! Tiger

·
Banned
1,040 Posts
Thx...I'm a bit of a extrovert...but 2 sisters (12) and (14) yrs old...girls should be easy right??? We have 2 sons.....all way from Ukraine our 2 new beautiful daughters....a great journey...

Your welcome,

Oh yeah teenage girls, you'll be fine completely no hormones, stress or worries at all... :rolleyes:

I was told by a bloke with 4 daughters that the best piece of advice he got dealing with moody hormonal teenagers was as he left for work tell each of them that he loved them, let the hormones work their way through during the day and tell them that he loved them when he saw them in the evening. AND DON'T SAY ANYTHING ELSE TO THEM :D.

Good luck!:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.