The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i need a bit of help if anyone can give. it's about an error that occured when i was driving with the Lexion 480 from 1999 mercedes benz motor. it appeared CAN-BUS WIRES DEFECT, THE MACHINE ISN'T SUPERVISED ANYMORE (BUS ERROR) with a sign like the one in the photo, it also shows me that my tank is empty although its full and the antifreeze boiling though just started the engine, and it doesn't show any rpm and working hours. when i take down the main power switch and leave it like 5 minutes it starts runs clear for 5 minutes and then again the error appears after some vibrations from the movement or from the vibration of the engine.
can someone tell me where to start checking in order to repair. the guys from claas told me that they don't know even where to look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I had a very similar series of errors and failures on my 585 last fall, and similarly, it would be OK for a few minutes after starting up. I went through and cleaned/tightened all ground connections in the wiring. Found one that grounds the entire electrical panel down to the frame that was loose and corroded. Solved the problem so far. Not sure where the grounds or electrical panel are on a 400 series though.

Cleaning grounds, and or positive connections is always the cheapest place to start, and most likely to cause such errors. Also looking for damaged wiring, evidence of mice etc. Unplugging connections and checking or corrosion, wiggling connections trying to replicate the issue.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Likely your problem is wiring, which is at least a bit less than "everything". Grounds are a nice start, from there you will need to look at a schematic, figure out where the CAN bus goes on the combine (probably all over) and then trace & clean connections, etc. Also examine the big "power tower" for corrosion on the solder joints at the connectors.

Your dealer was not blowing you off. This sort of problem can be a total * to find.

·
Registered
295 Posts
As the orher gentleman wrote already, check the ground connections.
What error code comes first?
You figure out where it is coming from, i would leave the ignition on and pull one module after the other. If it is one off them you will figure it out quick, as the errors should disappear when you pull out the faulty module.
I would think it could be the A10 Cab Module.
Are the working hydraulics working?
I would also check the main panel, especially the area around the big plugs... Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a very similar series of errors and failures on my 585 last fall, and similarly, it would be OK for a few minutes after starting up. I went through and cleaned/tightened all ground connections in the wiring. Found one that grounds the entire electrical panel down to the frame that was loose and corroded. Solved the problem so far. Not sure where the grounds or electrical panel are on a 400 series though.

Cleaning grounds, and or positive connections is always the cheapest place to start, and most likely to cause such errors. Also looking for damaged wiring, evidence of mice etc. Unplugging connections and checking or corrosion, wiggling connections trying to replicate the issue.
As the orher gentleman wrote already, check the ground connections.
What error code comes first?
You figure out where it is coming from, i would leave the ignition on and pull one module after the other. If it is one off them you will figure it out quick, as the errors should disappear when you pull out the faulty module.
I would think it could be the A10 Cab Module.
Are the working hydraulics working?
I would also check the main panel, especially the area around the big plugs... Good luck
Yes all the hydraulics work, and all the modules work also, but i will check again A10, but i remember that before CAN BUS error, it shows error on all the modules, one by one and at the end the CAN BUS error.
What exactly are you reffering at when you say "ground"?

·
Registered
295 Posts
The ground cables which are bolted on the chassis. There should be one underneath the cab, engine etc.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I had weird issues on a 740 once. One of the battery cables was loose on the battery. Started just fine, but strange errors occasionally until I tracked that down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts