The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some pros and cons about this head looking to buy one with 100 acres on it for 55k any good?

Currently running a 8-30 geringhoff chopping head but lots of problems with the rollers wearing out. And having problems with it plugging in some rows because of the worn out parts. looking for something more simple and going towards the claas head.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
We have a 12 row and I would say they are good heads. Capello makes them if you want to look at their website it has a lot of good info. They chop excellent, throw very few cobs and but shelling has been good as well. They also allow pretty decent harvest speeds. We like to run 6mph. It will draw more hp than your geringhoff but should have better losses.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have a 12 row and I would say they are good heads. Capello makes them if you want to look at their website it has a lot of good info. They chop excellent, throw very few cobs and but shelling has been good as well. They also allow pretty decent harvest speeds. We like to run 6mph. It will draw more hp than your geringhoff but should have better losses.
yah we are going about 7 mph rn and it chops really good but its getting to old and to many repairs now and to expensive to rebuild to keep for 2-3 years till we buy a 20 inch corn planter. What kind of combine you using for your 12 row? We are using a lexicon 480R for corn rn and have a 760 TT that we just bought last summer before harvest. And will probably use it on the claas 8-30C if we get it and if it needs more power.

Do you think that is a good price for a 100 acre head? 50k?

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
yah we are going about 7 mph rn and it chops really good but its getting to old and to many repairs now and to expensive to rebuild to keep for 2-3 years till we buy a 20 inch corn planter. What kind of combine you using for your 12 row? We are using a lexicon 480R for corn rn and have a 760 TT that we just bought last summer before harvest. And will probably use it on the claas 8-30C if we get it and if it needs more power.

Do you think that is a good price for a 100 acre head? 50k?
You will need to use the 760 to make the auto header height work. I can't comment on the as I have no idea what they are selling for these days. I will say that you can probably get them lower as farmers have quit buying here altogether. The good times for the equipment dealers is over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.