The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I thought it looked long but actually that model just doesn’t have the Claas cover plate over the unloading auger and the rest of the machine seems to look the same size and shape as previous models when comparing pictures. With the exception of maybe a larger diameter auger but hard to say.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
That auger had better be a lot bigger, but it doesn't look much different to me. Good to see they changed the name panel to not rub at the bottom when folded in and block your view when folded out.

Another thing I will put on the list of necessary improvements in case they are watching/listening is to put a decent cab interior light in!!! Something that is overhead so you don't have to make notes in the dark at night!

Otherwise the machine doesn't look much different. Unless someone lifts the panels and takes some pictures I could care less about the exterior stylings.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I don’t mind the lime green, but the red/orange wheels and reel look really awful! Keep painting them Cat yellow!
I like both styles personally but the main reason I’d like to see a switch is so that the ‘Cat combine’ thing will go away for good. I still get people who say ‘what does Cat know about building combines, they should stick to engines and construction equipment’

·
Registered
119 Posts
Why does the 3rd one have training wheels on it? Guy on the ladder has his face blacked out. WTF? I like the LEGO one better.
I thought I had seen that as well. Then concluded it was the other rim. Now that you bring it up, I am thinking my first suspicion may have been correct.

In Germany the max allowable weight per axle is 10 tonnes, powered axles 11.5t. So when a machine exceeds that they have to add these training wheels to count as an extra axle. Common on choppers as they exceed this with the heavy folding heads. JD S series has it also sometimes.

https://www.profi.de/plus/video-Geringhoff-Zusatzachse-2530978.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought it looked long but actually that model just doesn’t have the Claas cover plate over the unloading auger and the rest of the machine seems to look the same size and shape as previous models when comparing pictures. With the exception of maybe a larger diameter auger but hard to say.
I think she’s longer. The cab looks to be farther out over the feederhouse.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like both styles personally but the main reason I’d like to see a switch is so that the ‘Cat combine’ thing will go away for good. I still get people who say ‘what does Cat know about building combines, they should stick to engines and construction equipment’
Holt built combines before they ever built a tractor. Holt and Best formed Caterpillar in 1925, in the 30's sold the combine business to John Deere. So they have been out and then more of a flash in the pan when they returned. But who knows where combines would of gone without them in the beginning.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts