The Combine Forum banner

Which model year will Claas change North American combines to the worldwide colours?

Votes: 2 3.0%

Votes: 26 38.8%

Votes: 6 9.0%

Votes: 7 10.4%

Votes: 2 3.0%

Votes: 1 1.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 12th of never

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is some chatter that Claas might get rid of yellow in NorthAmerica and go to their original colors. Anybody else hear this and what are your thoughts if they switch colors.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I really like the North American yellow color scheme.
But I get tired of people asking me how I like my "Cat" combines. The relationship Claas had with Finning and Cat really hurt their reputation in Western Canada in my opinion.

If the color change can divorce Claas of that legacy, then I guess I would be in favour of it.

Next guy who asks about the "Cat" combine gets throat punched.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes time to move on. We will never run a yellow one as its a reminder of Kramer in Regina. I could have just forgot Kramer and ordered online from Germany and saved the ignorant jerk parts guys.

They honestly did not know that a 570R was a combine.

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Kinda wouldn't surprise me to see a color swap.

I'm kinda curious if the ties with cat dealers is maybe nearing its end because recently a guy I know was interested in trading in one of his Case IH combines at the local dealer and they were pointing him to Gleaner.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Nothing more irritating than the off-brand sales guys calling it a CAT, makes my blood boil. They know full well what they are referring to and spread lies at every opportunity.

Having said that I think the yellow looks nice and just happens to match most of my other stuff. I would gladly buy one in the proper colors though and it probably might even increase the odds of a Xerion finding it's way on the front of the grain cart eventually.:wink:

But I'm okay either way and it won't affect my opinion of the machine at all. What I think they absolutely have to do next is make the unload auger bigger, and I mean bigger than anything else on the market. After all, the combine is bigger and it creates a definite bottle-neck.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Lol they wouldn’t have a presence at all if it weren’t for Cat deal so suck it up and enjoy rolling in the yellow black CAT paint job....:22:
I actually think the Cat deal has proved to be a net negative for the brand in the end. Cat never gave the machine it’s due attention, being it wasn’t theirs after all, and a lot of negative feedback about dealing with them on the ag side developed. I think they would have done much better investing more money to develop their own dealer network of true Ag deslerships, much like they’ve done every where else in the world, rather than there second hand deal they got with Cat. Go anywhere else in the world and Claas is a premier Ag brand on par with mighty Deere. Case, which is regarded highly in North America, barely has a presence elsewhere. It’s time to get the proper colours on

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Well Claas actually did have a “network” here before the CAT deal. Nobody remember’s the dominator? We had it on our farm during Pami testing way back in the day. NOBODY was rushing out to buy them.

The crummy part was on the CAT deal actuall Claas dealers didn’t have access to the line.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,662 Posts
It’s a sickly type of green.....uurrggh

Your CAT yellow and black looks way better.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well Claas actually did have a “network” here before the CAT deal. Nobody remember’s the dominator? We had it on our farm during Pami testing way back in the day. NOBODY was rushing out to buy them.

The crummy part was on the CAT deal actuall Claas dealers didn’t have access to the line.
Not sure about other regions but, here in Ontario, all Claas had left to build a dealer network of combine dealers were the remnants of the Ford Tractor dealerships who displayed any interest/performance marketing the 632's and 642's, and THEY were discarded when Massey re-branded the top 2 Dominators as there own. Moving forward, a LOT of Massey dealers didn't run with the "coloured Claas'", for various reasons I'm sure. All the while, Claas had a vibrant and dedicated dealer network for SP Forage Harvesters and hay tools, but most of these dealers already marketed a major brand of Combine so it would be difficult to convince them to take on a secondary combine line, due to investment in parts, training, etc. In comparison, CAT at LEAST moved product into the marketplace with the illusion of "brand stability" (CAT is a very reputable name) and, in doing so, built a base of customers who bought and believed in the product. I guess it comes down to whether current Claas customers will give a "new and improved" dealer network the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I worked at an MF/Claas dealer when the Cat deal happened. They were selling lots of 8460's and lots of Claas silage cutters( had been the biggest MF combine dealer anywhere at one time, probably sold more choppers too). Most out here wanted to stick with conventional combines due to our conditions, and wanted to stick with Claas, but dealer wasn't allowed to sell them anymore. A lot of extremely loyal customers went elsewhere, turned to green or TX combines, a few tried the 8680's briefly. They weren't the only AGCO dealer selling both, the dealer network was there, with experience and customers waiting in line. They had techs trained in Germany and Columbus.

·
Super Moderator
2,515 Posts
I get tired of people asking me how I like my "Cat" combines. The relationship Claas had with Finning and Cat really hurt their reputation in Western Canada in my opinion.
In addition to getting asked about my “Cat” combine, all, ALL of my experience with Cat engines and the service group for them has been a nightmare. No exceptions! My combine has 0% Cat content. The perfect amount.

This is about the fourth (and last, yah!) Claas effort to penetrate the North American market but this initial marketing relationship was needed.
Even for the biggest Cat Claas agent this would be fart in a windstorm level importance to them. If it is more important to them sell the worldwide color, what color is Caterpillar in Oz? Germany? Japan?

The relationship is not needed for Claas anymore in Canada for sure, the US situation may be different?

·
Registered
467 Posts
But I'm okay either way and it won't affect my opinion of the machine at all. What I think they absolutely have to do next is make the unload auger bigger, and I mean bigger than anything else on the market. After all, the combine is bigger and it creates a definite bottle-neck.
Gotta start working up to justifying one of those Bergen double barrel augers too, eh? Can't be having the auger in the yard be the bottle neck either.
(https://www.realagriculture.com/2015/06/double-barrel-auger-doubles-down-on-grain-moving-capacity/)

·
Registered
761 Posts
................................. Case, which is regarded highly in North America, barely has a presence elsewhere. It’s time to get the proper colours on
I guess we dont even exist as elsewhere then as Case has a pretty big and continuing presence in Australia. In some areas bigger than Deere.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts