The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I've got this right...… new to here so please tolerate my mistakes..... there will be a few.
I have a 1984? Claas 105 Dominator . The problem being is the thing thinks it a baler . I have tried all I know and have had other's with far more knowledge than I look at it but to no result..... everything works and at correct speed but once it is carried up to the drum and the beater it just lays on the table and refuses to shake out to the rear of the machine. It will just continue to pile up on the threshing table till it chokes the machine to a stop, Any new Ideas what to check??….. before it has a nasty accident with a match!!…. thanks

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Not sure what you refer to as threshing table? Is that the concave?

If it is getting onto the walkers and then not progressing, check which way the walkers are rotating. The shafts have to rotate the opposite way to the cylinder(drum). Not sure if it is possible, but perhaps someone has routed the belt wrong and they rotate counter clockwise ( viewed from left side of machine)?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
If I remember right, there should be a crankshaft with tines on it above the walkers to move straw to the back and fluff it up. I wonder if that has stopped rotating and is blocking the flow of straw.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had another look around it today, as for the belt being crossed it is.... but it still rotates the same direction as the drum... have tried many times to reverse this but seem to fail as I just don't seem to see how to get it to reverse{ always thought there was a problem here as the shaking of the preparing floor always seems to shake in reverse to the direction of where straw should go} I'll use correct terms from handbook: once the crop is cur and proceeds up the drum by aid of the grain conveyor chains, upon reaching the drum it will also come in contact with the impeller{beater} which slows down the straw coming from the drum and guides the straw across the concave rake onto the front of the walkers. Thus the full length and width of straw walkers is used. the concave rake separates the bulk of bouncing grains which fall onto the preparing floor...…...… right after that little speech.. simply put the straw piles up on the preparing floor, and yes all things whirr and turn ..even the top crankshaft with tines on it above the walkers to move straw to the back ….. I bought a new lighter today.... my nerves are straining...… but no really thanks everyone for the suggestions I keep telling myself its something simple and I'm a fool to have missed it

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Welcome to the forum, where are you from?

How long have you owned this thing and has it sat for a long time? Any chance things are rusty and that is holding up the flow of crop?

When all else fails read the manual....if you have one. Good luck understanding a Claas manual, I can't imagine them being any better in 1984...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was told it was in going order and was used last season..... they upgraded?? and yes a Claas manual isn't the easiest thing to read and understand...………. on a lighter note , thanks for the welcome, from New south wales Australia.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Not sure what you refer to as threshing table? Is that the concave?

If it is getting onto the walkers and then not progressing, check which way the walkers are rotating. The shafts have to rotate the opposite way to the cylinder(drum). Not sure if it is possible, but perhaps someone has routed the belt wrong and they rotate counter clockwise ( viewed from left side of machine)?
That was definitely possible on 760 Massey’s

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,662 Posts
was told it was in going order and was used last season..... they upgraded?? and yes a Claas manual isn't the easiest thing to read and understand...………. on a lighter note , thanks for the welcome, from New south wales Australia.
Where exactly in NSW?
I might be able to have a look for you if I have a day spare

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Down Wagga way...… I do thank you for your offer but hay I've missed this season so no hurry...…. makes a great round bale on the up side of things , once you manage to clean it out

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,662 Posts
The dealer at Wagga should be able to sort it
Or the previous owner.

Iam just on the other side of Griffith

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wagga Harvest centre has been good to me and has offered advise...…. but it's old and well..... it's old
Previous owner is wise to stay the **** away from me …… all yap before sale, missing in action since if you know what I mean..... I have a few more ideas to try thanks to advise given here...…. and thanks to all..... now just a matter of getting some time to play again..... and with temps to be 40deg by weekend my willingness is starting to wane. AS I said missed the bus this year...I hope it will play the game for next

·
Registered
73 Posts
We owned an Dominator 80 and I once put that belt on incorrectly, it looked logical and it ran perfectly empty until it went into the crop.....Then it blocked up like you describe. If the belt is on the right way maybe the beater behind the drum is worn out and it is not stripping the crop off the drum. i was a school kid then so never had a lot to do with maintenance. Though I do know rice wore a lot of the internals very quickly and we regularly welded them up

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Sounds to me like something is missing between feeder chain and cylinder, causing large material to fall on prep floor instead of going through cylinder. I am guessing the issue is in the rock trap area???

Can you post a few pictures of your machine?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
The one thing that comes to mind is if everything is turning fast enough to toss the straw into the air and walk it backwards with every stroke of the walker crankshaft. There should be a noticeable bounce to the back of the combine at full speed. Since you had the belt off many times we can assume it is not slipping. Wonder if someone put the wrong pulley on somewhere. Engine at rated rpm at full throttle or something else causing walker crank to turn too slow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AS asked, just haven't had a chance to get things done..... straw being trapped on the sieves … some light straw actually on top of the walkers..... on that belt with the cross in it

Attachments

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Your first picture shows a pile of long stems that are about to begin travelling on the chaffer? Those stems look way too long to have fallen through a concave. Where/how did they get there?

·
Registered
68 Posts
does it still have the guide on the back of the concave? Item #8, the big solid guide is for corn.