The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can the clean grain elevator be sped up or replaced with a larger capacity one? ground speed is limited in high yielding corn due to capacity of elevator, running 844 corn head, ground speed is 2.3-2.6 would like to get more

·
Registered
200 Posts
i run a 7720 t2 with an 843 head and can do about 3.5 in 160 bu. corn if it is 20 % or under. 77 and 88 have the same clean grain elevator. i wonder if perhaps your machine had a slow down kit installed on it like is done for harvesting dry beans? also if the paddles have some hours on them they lose stiffness and that can kill capacity. about a month ago i saw a 7700 that had a second clean grain elevator installed to the outside of the original one. it was in worthington salvage yard so i am not sure how good it worked, but i do know that area is a little light on these machines.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 7700 that has an 8820 clean grain elevator on it-we can push 1500bu/hour going through through a field of 180bu corn with 6 row head. Engine has been turned up a bit. (That is 1500bu when running-not counting unloading, turning, etc).

The clean grain elevator on the 7700 was definately the weak link.

I don't know of anything larger from later models that would easily fit without a lot of retro work. If you are really good I suppose I agree with the other post that putting 2 on would be the best-probably overkill. Not sure how that would possibly work if you have a yeild monitor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts