The Combine Forum banner

Clean grain capacity

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  casefarmer 
#1 ·
I like to rip deere just like most guys but i just want a simple answer no fuss....

(for once)

Whats the clean grain capacity of a deere classe 6e combine...

I know the 2388 is around 8,260 or something like that

i looked at a combine brochure at the local coffee shop of a deere and didn't find anywhere on the info on the combines what the clean grain capacity was

Thanks and do keep it short a sweet...

trying to start the new year on a good note

See less See more
#3 ·
All STS elevators (not 9560s) are rated at 88 bu/s, or 5280/min.

8260...ARE YOU ON DRUGS MAN?

"I like to rip deere just like most guys..."

You are in your 20's, aren't you casefarmer.
Your posts offer nothing to these forums, grow up.
If I were mod of these forums, you would have been gone long ago.
Did you lose a pet or something close to you in an accident involving a JD piece of equipment at some point in your life? You seem to have an unhealthy hatred towards alot of good equipment for some reason.

#8 ·
Are you talking about cleaning area or clean grain elevator capacity? The 8010 has about 10,075sq/in cleaning area, 7010 has 8370 sq/in, the 23-2588 has 7947sq/in. Deere9660-9860sts have 7350 sq/in. The clean grain elevator on the 8010and 7010 has a capacity of 6000 bu/hr ( actual corn results are in the 4500-5000 bu/hr on 8010 and 3500-3800bu/hr on the 7010, and approx 3000-3200 bu/hr on 23 and 2588's. Not sure on numbers for the deere elevator. Hope this helps.

#10 ·
The class 6 - 8 STS, class 7 - 8 AFX & CR's, class 7 - 9 Lexion all have a clean grain elevator whose maximum clean grain elevator capacity, according to each brand of elevator's inner cubic dimensions, paddle size and conveyor speed on the supply side, is roughly equal to 6,000 bph. Thus, making 6,000 bph rating a theoretical number by design, because there really aren't any combines that come close to that value, except for maybe a Lexion 590R or 595R. So, why have such a large clean grain elevator if you can't use all of it? The larger the elevator allows the system to essentially breathe better...make them bigger, slow them down results in less wear and tear and still provides for more than adequate capacity.

#11 ·
Ha....this has turned out well.....

Its about time people started a good conversation in which i did..

Yeah i was talking about the total clean grain square inch (whatever the technical term is)

Also Kinze.....i started off with that cause alot of people not just case guys do think its funny how deere is doing there 6,7,8 combines

same clean grain capacity just more HP.

Our neighbor isn't buying one for a couple reason's that being one of his biggest complaint...

So its not like nobody knew what i was refering too.

Also not sure what your beef is with me but give it a rest...

Its not harvest season and things have been pretty boring on the farm's for most of us so yeah sorry if some of us get off topic..

#12 ·
Quote:So its not like nobody knew what i was refering too.

Oh, you were talking about the amount of seperation area that the sieves are. Shoot, everyone else here thought you were asking about the clean grain elevator. Without units on your number, and a non-specific description in your original post, um, yeah, nobody else here knew what you were talking about.

-Lance

#13 ·
My bad....

Yeah im still learning the termanology and such...

that is one thing these sites have helped out alot on...

but even then i learned alot with other guys post on what combines do per hour...

i'll remember that one...

Sorry for not haveing the correct word's...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.