The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We poured the pad a couple years ago
Built the building last fall
I've been building conveyors for what feels like all spring, my fingers are tender from twisting so many wires...
But... it's finally done, and the best part is out make dirty seed clean!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
It's always great when a project comes together nicely.

The fit and finish looks awesome. Is it going to be for cleaning your own seed or what kind of plans do you have?

·
Registered
560 Posts
You're going to like it. Super nice being able to go clean seed and just push a couple buttons and everything is going. In any weather too.

What kind of cleaner? I skipped through the vids pretty fast.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We got kinda fed up with the antics at the local seed cleaning coop. You always get the guy who needs his wheat done now and will just say... yea that's the variety I have... then everybody across the countryside all summer has a wheat field with 2 kinds of wheat growing... and the manager gave me attitude the very first time I went there.
Now we know what we put in is what we get out.
It's a Bench cleaner and we assume Bench indent (?)
And yea 1 button on the touch screen everything starts in sequence and shuts down in opposite sequence.
Also primarily the run verification and safety stop buttons.
If any motor contactor drops out the plant stops, if either of the 2 emergency stop buttons pressed the plant stopps.
It's not built with commercial cleaning in mind but for the odd neighbor that needs a bit done or wants to buy some common seed.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We ordered everything in the control panel from a company called automation direct in the states. Just under 3k includes all the motor contractors and overloads.
I put all the components together and wired it up and my brother wrote all the code for the PLC. Neither of us are at all experts in these field but with some basic knowledge and patience it can be done, safely.

·
Registered
474 Posts
We ordered everything in the control panel from a company called automation direct in the states. Just under 3k includes all the motor contractors and overloads.
I put all the components together and wired it up and my brother wrote all the code for the PLC. Neither of us are at all experts in these field but with some basic knowledge and patience it can be done, safely.
Automation Direct Rocks. Use them all the time for controls and contactors and it is delivered to Edmonton super fast.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
We got kinda fed up with the antics at the local seed cleaning coop. You always get the guy who needs his wheat done now and will just say... yea that's the variety I have... then everybody across the countryside all summer has a wheat field with 2 kinds of wheat growing... and the manager gave me attitude the very first time I went there.
Now we know what we put in is what we get out.
It's a Bench cleaner and we assume Bench indent (?)
And yea 1 button on the touch screen everything starts in sequence and shuts down in opposite sequence.
Also primarily the run verification and safety stop buttons.
If any motor contactor drops out the plant stops, if either of the 2 emergency stop buttons pressed the plant stopps.
It's not built with commercial cleaning in mind but for the odd neighbor that needs a bit done or wants to buy some common seed.
Nice man

Don’t blame ya we bought one of thoes farm king rotary cleaners. Makes it seedable. Saves the hassle of relaying on other people

Reactions: AnviL
1 - 9 of 9 Posts