The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a Cleanfix Reversible Radiator Fan on my 2008 MAssey Ferguson 9790 with 8.4L SISU Engine. The Best Thing Ever! It is a great combine, but always got some matting on the rad and coolers but never ever heated up because of a large capacity fan to draw enough air to keep it cool. But this just wasts fuel & power. This Cleanfix fan uses a heavy duty 12v air compressor with timer (wired to ignition) to reverse the fan every 30 minutes (adjustable 6 to 66 minutes or by a on demand switch in the cab). The engine radiator, hydro cooler & AC condenser stayed incredibly clean. I "Never" had to to blow it out even at the end of the season. A radiator and engine is most efficient when it is CLEAN all the time! This is one great product! CLEANFIX – Reversible fans for radiator cleaning

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
did U order through a dealer or directly? did they have a model to fit the 9790 or did u have do all the measuring and they engineered a fan for the combine?
I have been trying to get a reversible fan for my 9895 for the last 2 years. but no one has the info for the 9895.. I did do ll the measuring and sent it to another fan manufacturer.. they didn't know if their fan would work so I didn't buy.. and by that time it was too late to try Cleanfix.. harvest was starting..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered my Cleanfix through Park Lake Equipment Sales in Lethbridge (403-381-4706) but talked to Don Smale from Cleanfix North America Ltd. in Stratford, Ontario (519-275-2808). And yes, they had a Fan Unit PN 203433 for my 2008 MF 9790. It was fairly easy to install, but I used a new header reverser switch to put below the right arm console for the on demand intermediate cleaning.(a little wiring and finding ignition power for the compressor) I mounted the compressor unit on the front side of the fan shroud.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I believe the Clean Fix is a good and well made unit. It is a German designed product made for all different types of equipment and should last a long time. If a person is installing one on a used machine, it would be logical to put a new fan & AC belt also while your at it! It is one of those "should of had it before" things!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.