The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been asked before and found some info on some old posts. Thought I'd ask again-Anyone have experience cleaning/brightening up the galvanized sheet steel on a Gleaner and what did you use and how did you do it. Appreciate any wisdom

·
Registered
558 Posts
The best thing I've found is a soapy SOS pad and water, one panel at a time. The problem is if you take the oxidation off the galvanized and make it real bright again instead of grey you might take the little bit of oil out of the sheet metal and it might corrode instead of oxidize. Then you've got a bigger problem than dull sheet metal.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
The best thing I've found is a soapy SOS pad and water, one panel at a time. The problem is if you take the oxidation off the galvanized and make it real bright again instead of grey you might take the little bit of oil out of the sheet metal and it might corrode instead of oxidize. Then you've got a bigger problem than dull sheet metal.
The best long term solution would be a coat of green paint!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.