The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having trouble with the small electric motor that adjusts the air. the gear on the motor wont mesh correctly with the one on the threaded rod that adjusts the pulley. the teeth on both seem to be ok, but they are slipping. is there any adjustment to this to get them to mesh up right?? i can pull and put tension on the motor and it will turn the rod, but as soon as i release the tension it starts slipping again.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The aluminum mounting plate is worn out probably, bolt holes are slotted out and the shaft center bushing is brobably shot too. Take a 10mm wrench and pull the motor off and youll see what i mean.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Posts above are correct. My combine did the same thing a while back..I can't remember what exactly the problemo was, but it seems as though my problem was a lot like yours'.
I took the motor assembly off, and shimmed it or replaced the bushing. When I went back with it, I put NeverSeaze on the threads, and ran it in & out several times...Hasn't given any problems since! I, too, bet it's the bushing that holds the gear in mesh. Make sure everything turns freely while you have it apart. If things are in a bind, that elec. motor won't last long..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts