The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to grow BY 5525CL or 5535CL next year but local viterra rep says they will only buy it as regular canola. They won't give me the non gmo premium. Anyone know if any of the companies will buy it with premium? This might make my decision easy to switch to 2020CL. I'm getting a very good deal on the BY seed is why I want to grow it.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Odd that your Viterra rep won't work with you considering that Viterra has a non-gmo crush at Ste.Agathe, MB!!! Now whether the cost of the extra transport would eat up the premium, I'm not sure.

Here's the email for our local buyer for the crush plant: [email protected] Maybe he can direct you.

Andrew

·
Registered
278 Posts
I asked about the same non-GMO premiums with Richardson and Viterra. How much of a premium is needed to justify such long hauls considering we have two crushers in Yorkton (LDC and Richardson) 30 miles one way and Bunge at Harrowby 80 miles one way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.