The Combine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
In order to combat rising power costs forced by govt agenda, buy mining stocks.....you will have plenty left over.

Ant...

·
Registered
520 Posts
I am by no means a expert on meteorology. But I have views of my own.

The position of the planets and sun spots and lunar activities does have a impact on our weather. many a long term weather forecaster uses these things to try to explain what might happen or maybe not.

But even more so, does sea temperature and the intensity and frequency of jet streams over the equator. The day to day forecasters uses these data in calculating there forecasts...which can be spot-on some times, or not.
These two however does get influenced by climate change. Extreme temp. Melting icecaps.

Change in climate is part of a cycle, but it is the extreme weather events and the intensity with which it is occurring, that has me worried.

So , my thoughts, going all mental about climate change, blaming the poor cows for farting. Not my thing.
But completely ignoring the facts that, what we do on this poor earth, does have an effect on how our climate is changing, is ignorant.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I just can never understand why any Canadian would not embrace climate change because the one we have could not get worse. Global warming would be a great thing for Canada on many fronts - population growth, export potential, etc. I do not think most Canadians know how hostile our weather really is to a very large percentage of the world population.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
BoSoT.
If you watch this video, that Beerwiser posted, from 9:55 to 13:45, it explains humans influence on climate.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
One thing that bugs me about the climate change activists is their use of the term "normal". They have it mixed up with the term "average", which are two different things. Most people look at the weather and see it says the "normal" for this time of year is x degrees when it really means the average is x degrees. Huge variations from the average are "normal". There have always been massive droughts, torrential downpours, wild storms, etc. The one thing that has changed is the population now inhabits places like flood plains and deserts, where years ago our "uneducated" ancestors were smart enough to not try living in these places.

Anyone with kids likely have a book laying around about dinosaurs. Pick it up and read about the timeline of the earth. It's almost impossible to wrap your head around how little a span of time us humans have inhabited the earth, let alone as an advanced species. Tell me how a few hundred years of human activity is enough to change, or even tell if the world'c climate is changing because of us. The earth is 4.5 billion years old. 4,500,000,000. Makes my 41 years here seem pretty insignificant.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Posted this link in a thread 3 years ago about how the planets influence the Sun. I have found solar models and seen how the planets align and coincide with historical wet periods here on the farm of the late 1880s and early 1950s. What is interesting is this thread post continues being update so you can see how the original authors posting keeps playing out and he continues to update.

*GLOBAL COOLING FORECAST: Basics of Astrometeorology* |

So, the mind stretching part then is suppose gravity actually holds the planets in orbit around the sun and therefore planet orbit effects the sun as gravitational pull actually goes both ways. That would mean effects on the sun and the sun's effects on the earth can be predicted based on planet movement. That would mean there are actually people who know these things and know what is really going to happen where as the people saying the opposite (global warming) are actually being puproseful in their false claims. Well, that would mean there is some sort of control system to keep the truth hidden while a falsehood is spread.

So that can't be possible and so we must dismiss any notion of things like gravitational pull between earth and planets as a non issue - because once you accept a principle like gravity then you need to consider its effects and get the tin foil hat out.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I am by no means a expert on meteorology. But I have views of my own.

The position of the planets and sun spots and lunar activities does have a impact on our weather. many a long term weather forecaster uses these things to try to explain what might happen or maybe not.

But even more so, does sea temperature and the intensity and frequency of jet streams over the equator. The day to day forecasters uses these data in calculating there forecasts...which can be spot-on some times, or not.
These two however does get influenced by climate change. Extreme temp. Melting icecaps.

Change in climate is part of a cycle, but it is the extreme weather events and the intensity with which it is occurring, that has me worried.

So , my thoughts, going all mental about climate change, blaming the poor cows for farting. Not my thing.
But completely ignoring the facts that, what we do on this poor earth, does have an effect on how our climate is changing, is ignorant.
Did you watch the video that beerwiser posted and Lynas directed you too specifically because it discusses those very fears and more?. If so, what are your thoughts? If not, why not?

·
Registered
520 Posts
More a climate time line than my age.......... 😕
Right now, it is a toss up between climate and a goverment that don't like us very much.

Did you watch the video that beerwiser posted and Lynas directed you too specifically because it discusses those very fears and more?. If so, what are your thoughts? If not, why not?
I didn't watch the video before I posted, only afterwards.
But like him, I have my opinion also...unfortunately I am no grate scientist or researcher, so it probably wouldn't matter anyway.
Like him, there are many other videos, that tell exactly a different story from what he is telling.
Maybe In 50 years we will see who was right.
But I am still standing on what I said.

"So , my thoughts, going all mental about climate change, blaming the poor cows for farting. Not my thing.
But completely ignoring the facts that, what we do on this poor earth, does have an effect on how our climate is changing, is ignorant."

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Solar panels are going to change the climate, it’s basic physics. An array aimed directly at the sun will retain intense energy that would otherwise reflect back into space at a certain degree of angle to what it arrived at.

There is a temporary glacier on the north side of my house and bare grass on the south side. Just sayin!

When the sun strikes a south facing wall in a city the energy is both absorbed and reflected downward and southward. You can’t fix that with anything smaller than a bulldozer in most cases.

·
Registered
406 Posts
From purely a marketing perspective it seems that whether we agree with climate change or not, we ignore the public's reaction to it, to our peril. Whether the public believes in climate change or not, I think they are beginning to think that if there is even a slight possibility that man-made gaseous waste going into our atmosphere has anything to do with it that maybe we should at least try to reduce this waste that we put into the air.

These views will drive many changes in the future and we can either take advantage of all the opportunities these changes will provide or we can rally against the train coming down the track.

New food markets are being developed and will explode in the future as our society gets older and looking for any chance of hope to live a little longer. Young people have access to every kind of data imaginable and make their own decisions on all these same things.

Energy markets using more renewable fuel sources are exploding around the world. Quite a few farms here are installing solar panels that will provide all the electricity the farm uses for home/shop heat and aeration fans. Electric half tons that can go 500 miles will be on the market by 2020 and will be bought as fast as they can build them and can be fueled by these same panels. These things will get the equivalent to 100 miles per gallon if you have to pay for your own electricity. Electric semis, tractors, and planes are all coming to market soon. Self-driving automated systems will be as prevalent as GPS steering is now. There will always be growing pains as things change, but they will get figured out.

A wonderful world awaits if we try to embrace the change that is coming rather than try to slow it down and make it hard on ourselves. Resistance to change is a very human reaction and very real. My Grandmother rallied against tractors. She truly never believed that horses would ever be replaced. She was against buying tractors as a whole industry would fall and she sympathized with people who would lose their jobs. Today we wouldn't think of going back but their apprehension to the change was understandable.

We are living in exciting times! Please stay safe!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Like him, there are many other videos, that tell exactly a different story from what he is telling.
I have watched some of those other videos since I like to hear both sides of the story. The problem with all of them is the time line. They all pick a narrow timeline that suits them. Then earth is 4,5 billion years old. Looking at 100 or even 200 years of data is like trying to tell what kind of life a 100 year old person led by picking a random second of their life.
I also am never going back to horses to feed cows, although their autosteer was far superior to what we got now;).

·
Registered
370 Posts
Right now, it is a toss up between climate and a goverment that don't like us very much.

I didn't watch the video before I posted, only afterwards.
But like him, I have my opinion also...unfortunately I am no grate scientist or researcher, so it probably wouldn't matter anyway.
But I am still standing on what I said.

"So , my thoughts, going all mental about climate change, blaming the poor cows for farting. Not my thing.
But completely ignoring the facts that, what we do on this poor earth, does have an effect on how our climate is changing, is ignorant."
You know, none of their dire predictions came true the last 50 years. Not One!
What makes you think they can predict the next 50 years?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Tree rings analyzed in Canada have shown multi decade droughts before the place was settled. It happens, hot, cool, wet, dry sometimes all in the same season. After 8 weeks of polar vortex there is no way in **** that this yr is the highest temp on record like they are always pushing. No way am I falling for that.

·
Registered
456 Posts
climate change is not the problem , but our reliance on fossil fuel is the real problem.
Poor countries still pollute our earth big time , just come from Cuba and boy it stinks there .
If you don't think pollution is a problem try travel to India .
I like the thinking Bill Gates ventilates , and trying to get investors interested thinking long term .
But what if they find a or the solution to clean and cheap to produce energy will they share with earth population ???

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
climate change is not the problem , but our reliance on fossil fuel is the real problem.
How do fossil fuels contribute to polluted rivers, untreated sewage, garbage in the streets in 3rd world countries that don't even have oil?

If you think solar is any better look how REE are mined. Makes the sands look like paradise.

21 - 40 of 348 Posts