The Combine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I didn't watch the video before I posted, only afterwards.
But like him, I have my opinion also...unfortunately I am no grate scientist or researcher, so it probably wouldn't matter anyway.
Like him, there are many other videos, that tell exactly a different story from what he is telling.
Maybe In 50 years we will see who was right.
But I am still standing on what I said.
Fair enough, however, by dismissing the information in this video in favour of conflicting info you've seen in others, AND admitting that "in 50 years we will see who was right", how can you accuse those that believe what this video is suggesting rather than the conflicting ones as "ignoring the facts" and therefore are "ignorant". maybe it's you that is ignoring the facts now that you have seen this conflicting video and are dismissing it.

"So , my thoughts, going all mental about climate change, blaming the poor cows for farting. Not my thing.
But completely ignoring the facts that, what we do on this poor earth, does have an effect on how our climate is changing, is ignorant."

·
Registered
520 Posts
It feels like I am on the JD/Lexion section of the forum.....

Guess those that don't like my views is driving on of then 😜

50 years..... 10 years, what about next year. Whenever it happens, someone will get blamed for it. I am just try to do my part in making a better world. Recycling, better agriculture practices, eating steak(have to keep there numbers in control, because of the methane, you know).

Talking about timeline, all those claims that what happened millions of years ago, is based on carbon testing. Which has been proven to be not very accurate. There timeline have a variable of time, more years than What is used for the last 150 years, which is based on recorded data.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
climate change is not the problem , but our reliance on fossil fuel is the real problem.
Poor countries still pollute our earth big time , just come from Cuba and boy it stinks there .
If you don't think pollution is a problem try travel to India .
I like the thinking Bill Gates ventilates , and trying to get investors interested thinking long term .
But what if they find a or the solution to clean and cheap to produce energy will they share with earth population ???
I don't think overpopulation in the world is the problem. I think the real problem is "Consumer Capitalism" and the horrific waste of resources, greed and pollution associated with that.
This constant need for unfettered "Growth".
Now call me a cynic, but I don't see any Gov't's (including the U.N.) calling for a windback of that. Nope! In fact they encourage it through globalist policies.
Frankly none of it makes any sense at all.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Its not consumer capatilism, its human nature to consume, and we live in a world of consuming volume rather than qaulity like in the old days. How many people have bought a dinner set that will be around in 200 years and worth something? Does labour or the dnc have any plans to reduce, does AOC? She plans to drive up consuming...

You cant win power democratically and stop consumption in the same breath. Everyone attack coal, no one attacks the amount of uselss sh*t u own.

Ant...

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Maybe I'm overthinking this, but here's some food for thought:

Could it be that the "climate change agenda" is actually a thinly veiled method by which Govt's a) boost their economies and b) simultaneously increase their taxes (emissions trading schemes). And of course the Govt that will benefit most is the one-world-Govt. i.e. the U.N. from carbon taxes.

i.e. In the same way that the credit system was used as a way to encourage consumers to make purchases, even when they could not afford to, as a means to maintaining high levels of expenditure in the form of consumer demand, the skeptic in me says there could be ulterior motives behind government incentives to buy eco-friendly 'green' products, such as tax deductions for energy conserving home improvements, solar roof panels or hybrid cars and that is that it is just another way to encourage consumption and boost economies, especially in light of the fact that globalism is still be pushed by those same Govt's.
Look at the huge and hungry network of new companies and products that have popped up since this green revolution.

A good analogy is the Gary Oldman quote from the movie "The fifth element" when he deliberately breaks an ornament in order to watch his clean-up robots go to work.
Zorg : "Look at all these little things! So busy now! Notice how each one is useful. A lovely ballet ensues, so full of form and color. Now, think about all those people that created them. Technicians, engineers, hundreds of people, who will be able to feed their children tonight, so those children can grow up big and strong and have little teeny children of their own, and so on and so forth. Thus, adding to the great chain of life."

The Green-tech revolution may well be just another cunning disguise for forced consumption.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Climate change us a business, plain and simple, no one knkws what % belongs to humans or naturally occuring climate change but its a business opportunity.

And to make that business thrive you need to wind up the masses, and thats easily done. Its the goose that laid the golden egg, ask Al Gore, ask AOC in 30 years...they will be rich you will be poor debating people about the mechanics of climate change in a forum.

Ant...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm not that old, 41, every winter isn't exactly the same nor is every summer. We have an "old time" winter this year. The coldest on average since the 30s. We've had a decent amount of snow as well. Big difference nowadays is everyone, ok a lot of people, head south for a warm holiday. That didn't happen in the 30s on the farm or people from town either. Times have changed. Things will continue to change. Be prepared to tackle that change head on.

Recent article in th Western Seducer, contrary to popular belief I didn't find my wife there with an ad, cited that this upcoming year would be cooler due to reduced sun spot activity. That article called for big trouble in the corn belt. I'm not quite sure that will happen but it's definitely colder than it has been for a good many years. Our last two growing seasons have been dry. Hopefully that will change for this year.

Should people try to use less energy, yes. Should we stop eating beef, no. Rotational grazing using livestock can actually improve poor land and sequester more carbon than any carbon tax ever will. My land was mined for 100 years and some has badly eroded. It's not a quick fix but the cows are fixing it and making it more productive. City dwellers have no idea what goes happens on my farm. They don't realize that what we do benefits them. You can't place the blame on someone else. You need to take ownership of your actions.

The world is materialistic and self serving. Follow the money and the greed. They have a huge hole inside of themselves. I feel sorry for those that have a gaping hole inside themselves that they try to fill with power and objects. They live a sad existence.

To end on an amusing note. A buddy of mine who's an engineer employed by our government believes whole heartedly in climate change. He's very smart and a scientist. He hasn't done much to change his own actions nor will he. He has been duped by scientific papers that claim doom and gloom. He has a family to feed. So when asked if he would do a study on climate change he said sure. He needs to earn a living like the rest of us. It's simple supply and demand. There is demand for climate papers so someone will supply them. Throw enough money at something and you can make it happen.

Keep your head up and your stick on the ice.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
What you are looking at Lynas is driving infinite growth on a finite planet. However if this global warming bs is a tool to drive that then you are not seeing capitalism - you are seeing the exact opposite because you are talking of a centrally planned and executed scheme.

And the discussion gets us to a whole new level regarding pollution which is consumerism. I personally would like to see items last much longer, but that is bad for the concept of infinite growth. Still have a deep freeze chugging away in the farm house circa 1965. The thing is we all know things can be built to last 10 years or 25 and there actually was a time when you made a decision to buy one or the other but now you can't. And then there is so much built with electronics in it that if you went with the basic, non electronic item like a toaster (yes, it's even hard to find a simple heating element and timer in a box these days) it is the utter bottom end of the offerings. Complete throw away. Things could be done much different but aren't. I still wait for someone to sell an automobile where a/c is a stand alone option. That would indicate how interested auto manufacturers are with being earth friendly.

As for farming solar power, we do it every year. We plant millions of solar panels and harvest them in the fall. We even store that energy in bins and could burn it for fuel in the winter right out of the bin. It's even co2 neutral. But we don't. So we could again ask why the on-farm bio fuel sector isn't going exponential in technology development right now since we know this all exists.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
I expect we'll still be having this conversation in 12 years time.
Meanwhile the one world gov't (U.N.) will be making a fortune from carbon taxes levied from participating countries and growing more powerful by the day, thanks to the incredible gullibility of the sheeple. Sigh!!!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I read that article too, and couldn't believe the stupidity on so many levels. Not only does it prove there is no fear of rising sea levels, but how long until there is some kind of breech of the sea wall and all is lost, possibly lives? And 75 grand an acre????? Must be growing some pretty sweet crops!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I see Obama was in Calgary fearmongering about climate change. Anyone know what the purpose of this was? Is he working for Trudeau now or their Globalist elites or what’s?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I see Obama was in Calgary fearmongering about climate change. Anyone know what the purpose of this was? Is he working for Trudeau now or their Globalist elites or what’s?
$$$
That and some people love to hear themselves talk. His Michelle did the same sort of tour last year.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The next money crop for farmers: Solar panels

https://outline.com/HG5r4U

Not sure how efficient these things are in Illinois

Here is Bill Gates basically destroying the carbon tax idea saying it will lead to energy poverty. Funds should be instead directed to research. I totally concur.

https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/peter-foster-bill-gates-defying-the-climate-barons-tells-the-ugly-truth-about-renewables
Minnesota has a bunch of solar projects all over the place. I can think of about 5 locations with several acres covered by these things, and this is only along a select few roads I have driven lately. I understand these things bring in a bunch of money but hate to see at least average farmland taken out of production for a minimum of 20 years, probably far longer. You know it won't ever be the same.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
I expect you'll find that Obama, along with a whole bunch of other ex politicians are all on the U.N. payroll and they don't want the gravy train to stop anytime soon. They have no shame! Guess who's paying for it!

Any senior politician, prime minister or president that pushes or supports a U.N. policy while in office, is basically guaranteed a cushy U.N. appointment after they leave office.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Do you think the scaremongering will get worse under a Shorten government?

I bet the solar panel installers can't wait for him to win.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Shorten, God help us! When he wins the next election this country will take a giant leap backwards.

Turnbull is pro climate change agenda, but couldn't act on it too strongly because his cabinet voted him down.
Remember he was the one that was hellbent on introducing the ETS (before Abbott stepped in to oust him) and in the process help out his corporate buddies who were all lined up to trade carbon credits.

How's harvest going?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I expect you'll find that Obama, along with a whole bunch of other ex politicians are all on the U.N. payroll and they don't want the gravy train to stop anytime soon. They have no shame! Guess who's paying for it!

Any senior politician, prime minister or president that pushes or supports a U.N. policy while in office, is basically guaranteed a cushy U.N. appointment after they leave office.
I don't think the UN is keeping any seats warm for Trumps arrival. :red-neck-laughing-s

41 - 60 of 348 Posts