The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
if you do a lot of plate welding just draw up a DXF and get laser fab in Saskatoon to laser it. Ridiculously cheap to get it done over doing it yourself. I have gotten a lot of stuff done there, there mild steel cut is very high quality. I don't think anybody would use $4000 worth of cutting on the farm for small projects.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Depending on what you want to do with it, some tables are built kinda light in my opinion. If you're just wanting to cut small signs and craft type stuff they might be ok.
If you want to slide a sheet of 1/2" plate on, and cut something, maybe look at a heavier table.
I have a table from these guys Bulltear.com - Home or Plasmaland
Actually i bought my gantry kit from them, and built my own frame and water table. I used their recommended frame plans. It is stout, commercial quality stout.
They are a good experienced company, i have looked at alot of other tables, and for the money, i think they sell a superior product.
Again, depending on what you want to do, consider the size. its a bit like building a shop, dont build it too small!!
I have a 4x8 table, there are days i wish it was 5x10. But im sure glad its not 4x4!!
Ive had my table for a few years, and the custom work ive done has easily paid for it in full.
Im just a farmer that does not advertize either. In fact i kinda dont like doing custom stuff.
But a little $ is hard to turn away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts