The Combine Forum banner

CNH/ Flexicoil Fan sensor

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  dougps65 
#1 ·
Any other options out there for a fan sensor for a Case/Flexicoil 3580 air cart other than OEM? Still backordered again and now $300+.

#2 ·
You got to be ****ing me. This dip ****s were bs k ordered last spring.
And the ****ers increased the price a 100 bucks. No wonder case went **** up before

#4 ·
Pretty sure it was always the same sensor on the fan as on the wheels. And I thought this same sensor was used on the old pull-type sprayers as well for ground speed. As far as I remember they were always at least $300.

I built my own sensor that worked on the old sprayers but last I tried it on the air cart it didn't like it, but that might have been because the real problem was under voltage from a failed alternator. I guess you could build one and try it. They are basically bog-standard PNP hall effect sensors with some added circuitry to let the monitor detect shorts and missing sensors.

See "ISO-compatible" Speed Sensors. You'd want to use the PNP inductive proximity sensor and a normal NPN transistor. The sensors themselves are quite cheap. For example: https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...uctive_proximity_sensors/18mm_round/pnk-ap-3a. Adding the circuitry takes a bit of soldering.

Rectangle Slope Line Parallel Font

It might work, it might not. Perhaps I just have the resistor values not quite right.

#7 ·
Ya they’re all the ****ing same. I did a boo boo and wrecked one. Had to drive to Medicine Hat to get a new one after robbing one from the old PT sprayer. RME had like 300 on back order.
Better grab an extra seems I’m always changing them.
Once I dig the drill out of the 4 foot snow bank

Reactions: torriem
#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.