The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking for info or blue prints to build new hot water furnace. I have a 20" Kirks Stoker. What style of furnace works best? Anyone have good used or new furnace to sell? I heat my house and shop with central coal heating system. Any advice appreciated. Thank you

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The date for coal to be phased out keeps getting moved up and who knows what might change if we possibly have change of provincial government??? My stoker is good and I have extra gear box and auger. We have electric furnace for backup power in case of coal furnace failure. I have a couple of neighbors that heat with coal and we help out each other when someone on vacation. I know there are definitely pros and cons and it probably isn't worth it in todays world to set up complete system but I have everything set up and just want to replace my furnace. I have furnace and 1 ton hopper in 12X12 heated building with 2000 bushel hopper bin outside so I never have coal bridge above my stoker. I would try to build my own furnace and wondered about design or if anyone had experience with that. Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.