The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious if bean straw would feed in to the chopper better (more even) with the cob deflector in the down position. With it in the raised position it looks as if it would always be back feeding in to the chopper... has any one left it down in soybeans and was there a noticeable difference??

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I'm not sure what combine you're talking about, or if mine is different, or why mine is different. I have "just" a 4420. I have a plate baffle that you install just past the walkers and sits on the chopper. It is called a "cob or corn something or other". However, if that baffle is not installed, in any crop, and you try to run the chopper, the hammers just throw it over the front of the chopper towards the sieves and rear axle and doesn't pull it down through the knives. What gives?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The early sts combines had a solid deflector, and we removed it for beans, dealer started doing it and it cleaned up the sample abunch if I remember correctly, guessing it changes airflow, but not sure. I just know it made a huge difference, after a couple yrs they made them movable, so I wouldn't think you will like it down in beans.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I run an early sts so I have a bolted pan. The only time I remove it is when I'm windrowing a crop, it's there to guide crop to the lower part of chopper and prevent material from being thrown back to seives. I don't have any issues with dirty samples! Just priced quick change upgrade $ 625 USD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.