The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran over my old coffee mug the other day so I ordered a contigo. I hear they are great. How in the world does a person drink HOT coffee from one without burning their lips? I hate this thing. I still havn't drank my coffee this morning. Going to order another mug now.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think it is more on the temp of the coffee coming out of the pot than the mug. I have used contigo cups for years without a problem , can drink it 5 min after I pour it and it holds that temp for a couple hours not like other cheaper cups where the coffee is cold in 10 min no matter how hot it was going in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think it is more on the temp of the coffee coming out of the pot than the mug. I have used contigo cups for years without a problem , can drink it 5 min after I pour it and it holds that temp for a couple hours not like other cheaper cups where the coffee is cold in 10 min no matter how hot it was going in.
Exactly right. If it goes in too hot to drink, it takes forever to cool down. If coffee goes in at decent temperature can drink few hours later and still good. Also handy they don't leak if they get bounced around or tipped over. Hate that with most other mugs.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have one of these. Amazon.com: Commuter Hot Mug 12V LCD: Travel Mugs: Kitchen & Dining

Put your coffee in it and plug it into a 12v outlet. It tells you what the temp of your coffee is and when you set the temp you want it will keep it within a couple of degrees for 2 hours and then automatically shuts off. If your coffee in the thermos got cold, this will heat it up to the temperature you set too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.