The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I am caught between a rock and a hard place. I am purchasing another combine and i had my sights on a 7230 case, and then a friend of mine introduced me to a s660. I think the money value will be better on the jd. It has been through the shop and everything has been checked out to be ok. My requirements are 4wd, chopper, and handle a 30 ft head in wheat, beans, and milo. I currently have a lexion 480 and love it. I know either of them will not compare as far as efficiency in tough conditions, and being resale is so terrible on it, i decided to keep it for a rainy day and run two of them. There are 5 jd dealers close to me (within 45 min) and only 2 case dealers. If there were a lexion closer than 2 states away, i know what i would do, but there is not. I have had both jd and international and they were both good, so if any one has any inputs it would great. Oh yeah one small problem.....i am trading two green pieces to pay for combine!!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I would think a 7230 would walk all over an S660. I run green combines. By most indications a 7 series case will run with an 8 all day long.

Let the colour war begin.

I will add there is a big reason I run green here and that's dealers and parts, parts, parts, parts. Deere is head and shoulders above others here.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
After reading about S670's being down on power on threads here, I would think the 60 would be even worse. My neighbor has an S550, has a 28' shelborne and cant go over 4-5mph before he runs out of power.

I'm a gleaner guy, but if there is no support there is no need to suggest it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.