The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy. Well lightning hit our barn a couple of weeks ago and we lost our combine, mowers and our whole shop. We had a 2000 model 9650STS with some of the update kits and with logger tires. We have been looking for a nice low houred 9650, but have ran across a few 9750STS machines. I was wondering if there is that much benefit with a 9750 since we're only running a 30ft bean head and 8 row corn head. Also, are there any improvements between an '02 and an '03 machine? Just trying to get caught back up. I've noticed some machines have the HD grain handling and figured that would be pretty nice to have. Thanks for any info you can give!

-Funkster-

·
Registered
590 Posts
funkster,

Scroll down the threads to May 28. Alex put a thread which describes all the changes in Deere combines from 1999 to 2005. You will the changes between 2002 and 2003 there. Lightning sucks, when it hits something and destroys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to go check that one out. I've done some reading and frankly don't like the sound of the tier 2 engines. 20% more fuel consumption stinks! Thanks again everyone!

-Funkster-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts