The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all , with all this talk about which combine is better
Surly by now there has been agriculture body that has compare all the major brands side by side with the pros an cons if so where is the publication

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
A very location and operator specific question. I think my s670 is a great machine for the mallee. Should of went 45'. S670 with 45' probly a poor set up in many areas.

Madsnake

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,879 Posts
I guess the closest we have been is the kondinin group report from a few years ago. It's old news now but someone might be able to find a link to that report.
They tried To do it Again this January in the wimmera but apparently some red tape and / or legality BS prevented it from happening. I think some brands were tested but the results haven't been published. A member on this forum would know how it all panned out.

One would think with the number of machines in the US and Canada that some sort of test would be conducted every few years? One would even like to think the big name manufacturers would even encourage testing so they know where they stand and what changes they should make.

Not sure if you want personal opinions buzz, but here goes anyway. As you know we run two shades of green, have run two colours of red, had a couple of silver, and ran a yellow. Based on what I have seen I would say, today, in AUS, in Cereals, the NewHolland would be on top for overall throughput. Lexion second, but a well chipped S88 gleaner would probably be its shadow. They have big potential. The Silent achiever.

If our harvest wasn't so rush rush, go go, us contractors / and or farmers, could all get together in some good crop and do our own testing, useing Rods Harvest Calc. No lies, no guessing. Just straight out facts and figures.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Kondinin did indeed try to do tests near here. Only egg and lettuce tested the rest were no show maybe not game to go head to head. I did hear one make have big capacity issues after doing their own trials and felt they had a lot to loose.
At the end of the day it would be one test on one day. Would take a lot more trials to be the definative result.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
lol... I'm guessing yellow and green means Cat and John Deere Don... we'll learn the language yet! Most of the machinery reports done around here were conducted by PAMI (Prairie Ag Machinery Institute) but they usually did individual analysis on each machine rather than a brand to brand comparison. As mentioned, I don't believe there is one ideal combine for all conditions, hence the differing of opinions.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ha Ha Egg and lettuce is green with yellow wheels. I am not sure what model it was.
Earlier model mfd tractors were referred to as leaping frogs I wonder why?

·
Registered
25 Posts
We run a John Deere 9770 STS, to me any combine is good if you have a dealer near by that backs them up with service.I have looked at Gleaners but the nearest dealer is 70 miles from me, its a cheaper machine and the reports on it are good, but if it breaks down during harvest that 140 mile round trip can cost us far more then what i saved on buying the machine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts