The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a '08 7010 at auction and took it to local dealer to get the checkup. The pro 600 monitor claimed the unload auger was out. Dealer figured sensor was out of adjustment or something simple but after many, many hours of diagnosis they find out that the ccm is bad. This is one of the 3 modules under the buddy seat. They want 2k for a new one plus have to program it.
Does anyone know of a source to get this one repaired or a place that I could find one. I have tried salvage yards and no luck but do not know them all so if you have some phone #'s that would be great. I am just not 100% sure this is actually the problem either because my dealer said this combine should not have went into road gear either and should have topped out at about 12mph. The combine does 18-20 so that is not affected. Dealer claim these ccm's are all the same on all 7010 and 8010s's ever made.
Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Try -farmtronics in Regina Sask anything can be shipped they may be able to fixer even.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A tech i know replaced a ccm on a 7010 that had the same thing going on, it always showed the unloader was out when it wasn't. It didn't cause a problem it is just annoying. it was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You can run diagnostics through the Pro 600. Check some of the other items that are controlled by that CCM (your dealer can help you with this). If everything else checks out ok, it could still be the CCM, but I'd be suspicious of a wiring problem, etc.

If it is the CCM, it cannot be repaired. Would be worth trying to reload software in it before replacing it, though. Your dealer can do this.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i had three 7010s all three would show that the auger was out even if it was in i think it is in the program we could still go in road speed even if it showed it was out. By the way it goes about 15 mph in field range.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would not change the CCM yet. Make sure your dealer loaded the newest software in all 3 CCMs as well as the latest Version in the Pro 600. As for road speeds a newer 10 or 20 series combine will travel up to 17mph in field mode and up to 21mph in road mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts