The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2188 s/n JJCO189805 that I purchased from a neighbor. He was the second owner. Can anyone tell me where this particular machine was delivered to back in 1995?

Don't have a need to contact anyone concerning this machine...just curious where it hit the ground after leaving the factory. I'm guessing Texas as I looked on TractorHouse.com and found one that is 18 s/n's newer. Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
How much do you want to know?

Product ID: JJC0189805
MODEL: GH2188DA
Warranty start: 05/15/95
Warranty end: 05/15/96

I think this is the first owner....
John C. Short
Assaria KS

Something interesting, The dealer name it was sold under is, "Warranty Admin" From Racine, WI. I think that is the first I have seen that.

The serial number that is 18 away, really does not help even in the guessing of where your machine came from in most cases.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Wow, now that IS something really interesting. I had no idea the original buyer was ever identified by any codes on a combine's data plate, anywhere.

I remember wanting to place some index cards [or rather having one of the final inspection/loading guys do it] in the cabs of however many combines I watched leave the plant, during my tour or even that day. Unfortunately, I got no cooperation.

Yes, it would have been much like releasing balloons with little notes in them, to see where they eventually landed. I was very curious then, just to see where all some 10-20 new combines also went, seeing how they all started from a common point, especially since I was there!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Delta, it is a long and strenuous process, no but really. All you need is access to CNH's warranty system.

Combiness, I guess I am having a hard time understanding what you are asking about with those cards.

Also there is no codes that are located on the combine that would tell you what it had/has for options. However I believe that SupportPro now has the ability to look up the "build sheets" of newer equipment through a serial number.

--EDIT-- Combiness, I reread your post, read over it too fast the first time, I understand what you were trying to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts