The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
case ih combine talk is an excellent forum,however the
reason it maybe dropping off is that no new people have been able to Register for the past 6 months.
after 20 tries to register and no response like hundreds of other trying to contribute we have given up.
perhaps someone close to Marvin Gorden could let him know about the broken register. cheers.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Don't waste your time with harvest talk.........
Ol Marv has no time for anything other than combines.....Its his forum to do with whatever he likes, and he doesn't like much.
Consider yourself home friend!

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Good grief! I had no idea nobody could ever register over there anymore!
That's just not right!
I remember someone else here saying the same thing, but it was just him and it could have been a server probem, to. Tonight, I see quite a few new faces over here. I think this is as good a place if not better, than harvesting.com.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Well thank you guys very much for the kind words. I too tried to register for Marv's site but couldn't get on so I started my own after reading where others too couldn't get on anymore. So this was an updated version of his site where you can post pictures and it's easier to navigate I think. If you have any suggestions PM me.

Alex

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well there you go. perhaps someone that can acsess combine talk ,might mention that this combine forum is where the rest of the world is that has been locked out of combine talk.
thanks for the initiative alex to give acsess to all.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Kit, I've seen more new members come here in the past 2-3 days, than past 2-3 weeks!
Word is getting out and we are growing. I have put in a request to take this board even a step further--adding a live chat room. I really like decent, clean chats and obviously, these would fall in that category. What's more fun than grabbing a pop and a candy bar and having a good conversation about combines?!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
combines,
no doubt ,a few suttle invitations on combine talk for people to check out combine forum where people can register
and there will be an avalanche to this forum.
i would but i cannot register there. cheers.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Kit, that's already been done, which is why I think so many are pouring over here today!
Yes, I believe the chat room will be really fun and something harvesting.com NEVER had.

Soon as Alex opens the door, I'm coming in with lots of goodies--maybe home-made cookies, brownies, pies. Oh well, we can all dream, can't we?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Actually, now that I think about it, here is an idea to expand on the chat room thing:

For anyone who has ever been over to edmunds.com (new and used car purchasing info), they have weekly scheduled chats with people that have some relation to certain car companies and such. For example, here, we could have a scheduled chat with some corporate person at deere, case, cat, etc. People could ask questions about why something is designed in a certain way, offer suggestions directly to the people who make decisions, and maybe learn a little about what to expect in the future.

-Lance

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I like that idea Lance, I found many JAVA spaces that allow you to copy and paste the code for it to a webpage.... perhaps you could include a page that is on your website as the java chat and we could link to it from here?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeap Me Too! I couldn't send any replies or post anything on that forum. I really enjoy this website very much. I am good friends with alot of young farmers and one guy is a salesman for JD. When I tell them about this website they think I am some kind of freek. I mentioned to him about the overheating problems with the STS. 3 out of the 8 new combines they sold last year smoked the motor. Now they ask me where I found out about all the info.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Vern, harvesting.com has been around now, about 8 years! I heard about it long before I actually got a computer. I know it was by the summer of 1998, if not 1997. It was also slow at first, according to some charter posters. Now, I can and do still make posts, but I've been registered over there since 2001.

I've told others about this, too. I even tell them about our live chat, though I'd sure love to see more traffic on the chat. I'm glad someone posted a short while back about this site over on harvesting.com, because I was seriously going to start a Yahoo group for combines and harvesters. Those Yahoo groups are really not the best, though.

Still, I think this is better than Marvin Gorden's site. Marvin needs to either upgrade his site or sell it to someone who will run it just like it was 5 years ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts