The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Combine tyres.

We have been installing tyre treads the wrong way round for yrs to reduce wear and tear when traveling on tar roads and also to improve traction when trying to reverse out of being stuck. We have never had a tyre failure yet. Recently with two new combines three of the four tyres fail, and i am now told by Good Year this is due to incorrect tyre instillation has any one else had similar experience.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm unsure of what combine and platform combo we're talking about, but most combines today are testing the limits of these large single tire assemblys.

What psi do you run in them?

The tire may be molded or the radial carcas may dictate that the tire must be run in the correct direction?

or

the tire mfg. may be trying to weasel out of a warranty claim.

jd

·
Registered
209 Posts
Our personal experience with Goodyear ag tires has not been pleasant over the years. Recently (about 1.5 years ago) we had a 30.5 X 32 R2 Goodyear tire let go around the bead. Tire was about 80-85% tread, very minimal stubble damage and the machine was never over loaded. Just bead failure.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
never seen anyone install the front's backwards, most of our rear tires are backwards though.

Goodyear is losing their edge on the market, i've seen atleast 10tractors that have 200-400hrs on them and the tires are practically shot. I know the set were getting for our 4wd are goin to be 23* firestone's...probably the best tire in the industry at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts