The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious...does Combine World actually do any work to the combines and other machinery he purchases at the Ritchie Bro sales and just jacks up the prices on? I see he bought a 1998 2388 for $22000 at the Saskatoon RB sale and is trying to sell it for $39900 less the header. Does he put any money into them or is it buyer beware. I also notice most of his Kijiji equipment ads are just RB purchased equip inflated big time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think that's pretty much all they do. They've listed some work orders on some stuff before but I don't know if they've done the work or not. I'm not a big fan of them at all. When you know what they buy the stuff for it's a little hard to stomach when you ask what they want for it. He's sure been buying up a storm this summer. Thinking it might turn around and bite him in the arse yet..

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
He bought a tractor in our neighborhood this summer at an auction and they are asking almost double for it now.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Just like the rest of us they are in the business to make $. They might do like the dealerships here and give you so many $ worth of parts when you buy a used combine.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
CRToney hit the nail on the head when you buy at the dealership these days its usually not been through the shop or if it has just been patched. They give a guy $20,000 on trade (likely citing that's all the sell for at auction) put it on the lot as is for $39,900 and people buy it again the same practise as combine world however I have heard combine world will run through them replacing nessacary parts likely with parts off of combines in there yard so not new parts always but good parts I guess vs the dealer who doesn't even bring it in to the building most times and still wants a big price jump

·
Registered
292 Posts
He's a business man just like any other, and he's been doing it since he was 16 yrs old, so he must be doing something right. I wouldn't hesitate to buy equipment from him. Look back in the auction results and see what he paid and use that to bargain. We have one combine from him also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.