The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,163 Posts
Not very much hp for the capacity that he says that thing has. And thats a really slow unloading rate, only 2.5 bushels per second, especially for unloading a 360+bushel bin. That'd be about like waiting for an old Big 12 auger wagon to unload. SLOW!

· Registered
1,163 Posts
Hey Ralf, when you say that the feederhouse on your 7720 is the same width as an STS are you talking about overall width or width of the actual opening. Because all Deere combines from the past 30+ years have the same width of feederhouse on them. That's mainly so newer combines can still hook up to the older heads. But each model has a defferent width for the actual throat, or opening. Our 9650 has a smaller throat than a 9750 and so on, but same feederhouse. And 2366's have a smaller one than a 2388. So does a 7720 compared to an 8820 or an M2 to an L2. But they can all hook up to the same heads offered from the manufacturer.

And while 2.5 bushels per second may be good for this 7700, since as combiness says it originally came with 1.5 or so, its still very slow by todays standards. And this guy is making it sound like this combine can run with the biggest and baddest on the market right now as far as capacity. So if it has that kind of capacity I say that 200 hp and 2.5 bushels per second isn't quite enough, especially compared to combines today. But for a 7700 I'm sure its quite a bit.

· Registered
1,163 Posts
I realized right after my previous post that the 9650's and 9750's do have the same opening on them. The 95's are smaller. Just like the class 6 and 7 Gleaners are the same but the class 5 is smaller. Conventionals are usually different sizes on each model. That's how it was on the older Gleaners like the K's through the L's. And the bigger conventionals are most likely going to have a larger feeder opening than the rotaries. I know that an L2 or 3 has quite a bit larger feederhouse and opening than the Gleaner rotaries. Same with the older 9600's, they have a larger opening than the newer rotaries.

I guess that was mainly my point was that conventionals usually have a larger opening than rotaries. And Gleaners do have the narrowest feederhouse, but as far as the narrowest opening it would almost be a toss up between Gleaner and New Holland. If you take a look at a CR or TR you'll notice that they have a pretty small throat. Especially when you look at the newer CR's since they have a pretty wide feederhouse, same as Case, but a much smaller throat opening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.