The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
31,314 Posts
Quote:i cant beleive it doesnt break an axel or something from all the weight

Matt

Just noticed.
This is the 40,000 post on this forum!
I'm sure Alex has some huge prize for you fordboy.

Dam, 39,999

Don

· Super Moderator
31,314 Posts
Quote:I knew then, that it had to run at a higher speed, more slats per linear foot or both.
Actually combiness more slats make feeding worse and the higher the slat speed the worse it is. I've been around 4,6, and 8 pin spacing attachments and the worse the conditions, tough short straw or any dirt on feeder floor, less slats are better.
The thing that can really affect feeding and this only applies to one higher side serrated and a smooth edge on the other half, is when they install it back wards. We ran TR's from 78 to 96 and until 89 NewHolland installed the feeder chain back wards. In short 2 row barley straw the combine was unusable. Take the feeder off, reverse the feeder chain, reattach feeder, feeding fixed. NH installed it back wards for 15 years!
And I blame you corn guys for that. I get the feeling the feeding of corn to the feeder house is an almost can't go wrong preposition. Certainly not the case in cereals.

Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.