The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
5,783 Posts
However, I don't think any of the manufacturers of single rotor machines match their rotor width with their feedhouse, the feedhouse is always larger since it is assumed that the material is going to blanket an area the circumference of the cage/concave area, rather than only a single shot at the concave like in a conventional.

I'm seeing that although case has a 30 inch rotor in everything, the 88's have a 45 inch feedhouse and the 10's have a 54. The STSs are at 55 with a 30/33, and the small masseys have a 44 inch wide one for 27.5 inches of rotor. The 9895 has a 31.5 incher and a 55 inch feedhouse.

The idea is to have a thick, narrow crop mat moving up the feedhouse rather than a thin wide one to cut down on mechanical damage. However, it is definitely true that in some conditions having a bigger hole to try to jam a higher hp machine to capacity would be nice.

· Premium Member
5,783 Posts
2588s are at 44 inches about. same for all the 80 and 88's from the 1480s on. I'm not sure about the smaller ones, but I imagine that they aren't that big, since the rotor is smaller.

The TRs were small, especially if its a stupid macdon draper with a hydraulic driven slat beater trying to jam fluffy durum or abbey heads in that little hole. Oh yeah, and the canvases are too close together too! A winning combination of dumb.

· Premium Member
5,783 Posts
wider would be the fatty cat 590R at 67 inches and CXs at 62 inches and the WTS has a 65.5 inch feedhouse, but those are conventionals. The 9895 and 80/7010 are pretty close, with the edge to the Agco.

9570s have a 44 inch feedhouse feeding a baby 24 inch rotor. A CR9070 isn't far off having TWO of them spinning around in the machine!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.