The Combine Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
All 6,7 and 8 STS's have the same feeder house opening. We have switched feeder houses from one to the other in our shop.
I don't know about the 9560 STS, because I have never seen one in our area.
Only the wide body JD walker machines have a wider feeder house opening.

I think the widest feeder house opening is on the new AGCO rotary combines.
The Gleaner natural flow combines have the narowest feeder house.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
wider would be the fatty cat 590R at 67 inches and CXs at 62 inches and the WTS has a 65.5 inch feedhouse, but those are conventionals. The 9895 and 80/7010 are pretty close, with the edge to the Agco.

9570s have a 44 inch feedhouse feeding a baby 24 inch rotor. A CR9070 isn't far off having TWO of them spinning around in the machine!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I realized right after my previous post that the 9650's and 9750's do have the same opening on them. The 95's are smaller. Just like the class 6 and 7 Gleaners are the same but the class 5 is smaller. Conventionals are usually different sizes on each model. That's how it was on the older Gleaners like the K's through the L's. And the bigger conventionals are most likely going to have a larger feeder opening than the rotaries. I know that an L2 or 3 has quite a bit larger feederhouse and opening than the Gleaner rotaries. Same with the older 9600's, they have a larger opening than the newer rotaries.

I guess that was mainly my point was that conventionals usually have a larger opening than rotaries. And Gleaners do have the narrowest feederhouse, but as far as the narrowest opening it would almost be a toss up between Gleaner and New Holland. If you take a look at a CR or TR you'll notice that they have a pretty small throat. Especially when you look at the newer CR's since they have a pretty wide feederhouse, same as Case, but a much smaller throat opening.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts