The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have your dealer find your part through there machine down system that will allow them to get your part alot quicker we have used this deal before. we were told we could not get a pump for three months and through this they got one in 3 days. good luck

·
Registered
560 Posts
I doubt they'll activate the breakdown assistance system for a 1660... pretty sure it's only newer machines that qualify. Worth a try, though.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
why not try a salvage yard, why didn't you check into this earlier, not exactly new machine, not trying to be a smart a's, machine down, yes will get parts sooner, if they have it? and yes you will pay dearly for it, i would check salvage yard, gonna be the cheapest route, scott.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Scotts wright, 1660 is a old machine know and Case probley dont get alote of call for a fan for that machine, so why would they have alote of $ tied up in that part compaired to parts the will sell more ofteren. Every company is cutting there invontry levels, we keep getting told here in Aussie it becouse the US is so bad for $ still.

Madsnake

·
Registered
809 Posts
Can your dealer do a search of the part # in other dealer inventories? You might find another dealer who is "stuck" with that kit and would probably even give you a deal on it. Just make sure all the parts are still in the kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but a cross flow fan for a 1660 is the same as a 2366. Guess they're getting too old for CIH to stock parts for? We got the kit number out of the newest product support catalog. If CIH isn't going to have these kits available in a timely manner, the shouldn't be printing catalogs. As to why I hadn't checked earlier, I just bought the combine a month ago and thought whike I was putting shaker bushings it would be an ideal time to chage the fan.

·
Registered
998 Posts
There are none available in Australia either. The fan may be the same as a 2366, but I believe the kit is different. The cross flow fan kit you are after will suit 14/1600 40 & 60 series.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had dealer check on Cross Flow fan kit for my 1660. Found out there is a 10 week lead time! Ok, it's the last week of July, so I can have one sometime the middle of October? Is this what CIH calls customer service?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts