The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
On the 9600 that I have just bought, the concave one does not have a hole to fix the inserts at corn? How I can make to make drillings? Thank you

·
Registered
316 Posts
Will a right angle drill fit? Take a while but it might work. Or replace the concave with a new one. We have never used corn inserts so I am not sure how vital they are.

·
Registered
778 Posts
It's quite possible that your combine has an aftermarket concave that does not have the insert holes. A small right-angle drill, like Hopalong mentioned, with a shortened drill bit might work. Use one of the inserts to determine where the hole needs to be.

·
Registered
139 Posts
What year of 9600 are we talking about????there are several types of inserts for 9600 concaves. 89-90s with original concaves never had inserts till we shortened the wires while doing a factory p.i.p, then they required a long wire to short wire conversion insert. Also last month during a rock damage repair on a 9650 walker I got a new deere concave that wasn't drilled a factory issue???????????? let us know about year etc .

·
Registered
139 Posts
HEY Etienne , sounds like you got one of the early 9600's , not a bad choice, glad to hear you had succes with drilling the holes any questions just ask .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts