The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 9760sts two times this year cutting rice the concave adjuster motor broke off the actuator any ideas on what the fix is

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Was it the motor or the shaft that the motor turns that the concave hangers mount to?* I know that it has been a weakness breaking the hangers and the best solution I came up with is to run the concaves tighter rather then more open.* When the concaves are too far open the mounts that hold the adjusting rods are perpendicular and there seems to be too much leverage on them.* as the concaves close the mounts move closer to parellel (sp.) and hence less leverage.

·
Registered
192 Posts
We have boken quite a few of them in canola,the only solution we found was to slow down . Some aftermarket company makes an update but we didn't try it.I'll post it if I can find it

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts
I think that was a huge problem with all of the 70 series machines, we broke 4 motor/housings. Has anyone seen the 2009 70 series to see if they changed it? I hope they did, dealers in mb and sk couldn't stock them things fast enough. Its all coming out of deeres pocket too as warranty, it doesn't seem to happen on the 60 series.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ive seen these break due to the screws getting too much stress, loosening and then strippin out splitting the box apart. These are not made by deere and im sure that the same manufacturer makes a more heavy duty actuator. Try Kaman industrial tech I know they can get these actuators, there are model numbers on them if not they can I.D. the unit by shaft diameter, stroke, etc.

·
Registered
400 Posts
do the 70 series that have been having problems have the new shear bolt style worm gear setup?

just curious to see if they are doing their job.

·
Registered
192 Posts
We updated our 9860 setup to the shear bolt style it all fits,but it still broke the motor. I dont know in what order they break though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts