The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Maybe I'm misremembering the one time I took a separator grate out to remove a slug. I think the 900 series CR is bolted on top and bottom. Maybe the later 9000 series is like that?

That said I've never changed or modified separator grates.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’d like to take this opportunity to give big “shout out” to Murray from Mad concaves - he very knowledgeable and helpful and has been almost “ too generous” in sharing his time and expertise - highly recommend you watch his videos on YouTube to learn more about new holland combines -he’s been big help to us in the “boonies “ of Birch River
Thankyou Murray

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. I have experience with both. Didn't like the Sunnybrook at all. Highly recommend the MAD concaves. Used them in wheat, canola, barley, peas, flax and faba beans. Work good in them all and modules are easy to swap.
Why you didn't like the Sunnybrook? The Sunnybrook has three Sektions the MAD concave two. I think two is enough.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Why you didn't like the Sunnybrook? The Sunnybrook has three Sektions the MAD concave two. I think two is enough.
I actually didn't like having 3 sections. There gets to be so much frame to it that there is less separation/threshing area. The sunnybrook sections were also considerably harder to change. Could be hard to get the bolts started into the threads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts